WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting tired of resetting my Seiko 5, so I’m looking for a winder.

This will be my first winder, the watch will be put on just for overnight winding. This is my daily wear watch, but I don’t wear it enough to keep is constantly wound.

I have an odd bracelet.

196 gram/6.9 oz total weight

89 mm/3.5” width

70mm/2.75” height

57mm/2.25” depth

As you can see the bracelet is not moveable. I’m concerned it won’t fit inside of the barrel of most winders.

I'm thinking a pillow type that sits at an angle would be the place to start.

Maybe even modifying a barrel made for two watches.

What suggestions do you have?

I have another Seiko 5 and may get a Rolex in the near future.

here is the offending watch...

20190514-222239-2.jpg

20190513-220402-2.jpg

20190513-220338-2.jpg

I think if I modify this type I would have enough space for it to fit in the barrel...

71-DDBE46-DFE0-4-E17-962-B-8283-B21-E0-AC2.jpg

but if this type would work without modification...

FBA2-BF75-487-F-4-DBD-B998-A7-BBD6272-F11.jpg

I like this Orbita, but the barrel looks tiny...

31-F7-FE3-C-8448-409-A-9-B76-849-BFE09-CBA9.jpg

I dont one think a vertical facing would work at all, due to difficulty securing the watch.

7958-C1-AB-2-A07-420-D-8-C7-F-B6524-E28-DB46.jpg

I was was able to find out that a Wolf barrel is 77mm wide, but it looks like all of those sit vertical.

Any any help is appreciated!

Angel

·
Registered
28,621 Posts
That might take a bit of shopping to find the right or modifiable winder. I think you will be able to find sometime if you shop around.

I can tell you from experience, you get what you pay for in a winder so be careful of Amazon, eBay, the super cheapie stuff.

At least look at some of the better brands like-

Orbita
Wolf
Heiden

Might also look at acetimer.com.

Good luck.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might take a bit of shopping to find the right or modifiable winder. I think you will be able to find sometime if you shop around.

I can tell you from experience, you get what you pay for in a winder so be careful of Amazon, eBay, the super cheapie stuff.

At least look at some of the better brands like-

Orbita
Wolf
Heiden

Might also look at acetimer.com.

Good luck.
I haven’t found anyone locally that carries any winders. I would love to see some and get a better idea of dimensions.

Wolf and Orbita have been on my radar, but I don’t think the Wolf will work for my purpose.

I’ll research Heiden and acetimer as well.

I’m planning to spend at least a few hundred dollars on a good winder for my $45 watches.....

·
Registered
365 Posts
I haven’t found anyone locally that carries any winders. I would love to see some and get a better idea of dimensions.

Wolf and Orbita have been on my radar, but I don’t think the Wolf will work for my purpose.

I’ll research Heiden and acetimer as well.

I’m planning to spend at least a few hundred dollars on a good winder for my $45 watches.....
I have a Heiden and I don’t think it’ll fit width wise

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the Sparta 1 today.

I was told they test them at 450 grams so my sub 300 should be ok.

I ordered a second cup assembly to experiment with modifying it. I’ll decide between a heat gun or a belt sander when it arrives.

D408-BBA9-D35-D-459-B-B4-DC-B713484-AE053.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts