WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for an introductory post but since I want to show off my latest Seiko Mod I thought this would be as good of a place as any, and if not, may the moderator's punishment be swift and painless ;). So first off my name is Sean, and I reside in Colorado, USA, and have been collecting or involved with watches since 2004. So far all of my watches are below $1000 and a mix of Seikos, Vostoks, GShocks, and a Tissot thrown in for good measure.

Now onto todays watch. This was the second Automatic I purchased, it came stock as an orange monster which did not last long, I went through a pilot dial, MOD dial, Plonguer hands, etc all in an attempt to overcome what I saw as the watches only short comming, the color of the luminous material's border.

After being disappointed by the limitations of the lume on aftermarket dials, I decided that some good ole Seiko parts were needed, I found a Starfish hand and Dial set on another forum and after a movement swap from a careless earler mod, I eventually not only regained the infamous seiko lume, but scratched the itch for an orange dial watch.

Cheers everyone and have a great one!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nice work, Sean. May I ask the brand/model of the strap? Nice and thick-looking ... need something like that for my OM.

DB

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,695 Posts
Very sharp mod. You certainly have vision when it comes to modding! I like everything about the piece.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice work, Sean. May I ask the brand/model of the strap? Nice and thick-looking ... need something like that for my OM.

DB
Not to speak for the OP, but it looks like it might be a Crown and Buckle Strap that they may still have on sale for $10. I picked one up, and pretty sure mine looks the same.

I think it's a very tasteful mod. Looks awesome! Makes me want an Orange Monster!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Amazing how great a simple MOD can look, very nice, thanks for sharing and welcome to WUS!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly right, I sent him a PM with a link! Thanks, originally the OM was my second automatic purchase, and the first watch to mod since the dial was just so flat. I am really happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Great mod of the OM. Looks amazing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts