WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was just given this stopwatch from the professor at the university I work at, but I can't find much about it.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Yb3pnjS.jpg
Thanks

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
The watch dates from the 60s to the 80s. It was made by Heuer for Fisher Scientific. It is not uncommon even in NOS (new old stock == new) condition. Not valuable but nice. They are rugged and it still probably gives good timings... but, as always, it can't hold a candle to a quartz timing circuit.

There is some stopwatch info over at Jeff Stein's OnTheDash.com website.

I hope that helps and welcome to WUS where politeness abounds :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The watch dates from the 60s to the 80s. It was made by Heuer for Fisher Scientific. It is not uncommon even in NOS (new old stock == new) condition. Not valuable but nice. They are rugged and it still probably gives good timings... but, as always, it can't hold a candle to a quartz timing circuit.

There is some stopwatch info over at Jeff Stein's OnTheDash.com website.

I hope that helps and welcome to WUS where politeness abounds :)
Thank you for the response. I can't find a model number or anything on it, so I can look up the specs or even a price. I went to the site you mentioned, but couldn't find much about this one. It looks to me a 10 minute watch and I can't find those on the site. Anything else you can tell me
Thanks

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Hi and welcome
Try an advanced Ebay search
Advanced search -->Heuer Stopwatch-->completed listings -->world wide

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
Fisher sold the watches to a very technical market, labs and the like. I suspect they had a variety of timers for that market. You might find it in an old Fisher Scientific catalog if you can find one. I have a number of these but none that were labeled for resale by Fisher. I'm not sure what their time limits were but I suspect most were 30 min.

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
I saw one of these in a charity shop a month ago, with the box and papers for £18. Didn't bother. Wish I had.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
In 1978/79, a fine quality Heuer stopwatch for 'science and research' or 'time and motion study' was about 150 $, or up to 250 $ for the 'Monte-Carlo'. A wristwatch chronograph was then about 350-450 $.

For the value of these old timepieces nowadays, it is a matter of what the fool will give for it.

Some wristwatch chronographs for instance are considered more collectible, and fetch higher prices than others.

Among the stopwatches the Monte-Carlo (used by rally drivers) can fetch a high price.

For this rare stopwatch, I would say it is better than average, because it must have a high beat rate.

Also the box and guarantee booklet are valuable (especially the booklet, as that can be used for wristwatch chronographs).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In 1978/79, a fine quality Heuer stopwatch for 'science and research' or 'time and motion study' was about 150 $, or up to 250 $ for the 'Monte-Carlo'. A wristwatch chronograph was then about 350-450 $.

For the value of these old timepieces nowadays, it is a matter of what the fool will give for it.

Some wristwatch chronographs for instance are considered more collectible, and fetch higher prices than others.

Among the stopwatches the Monte-Carlo (used by rally drivers) can fetch a high price.

For this rare stopwatch, I would say it is better than average, because it must have a high beat rate.

Also the box and guarantee booklet are valuable (especially the booklet, as that can be used for wristwatch chronographs).
Wow, that is more than I thought. I might just keep it then. Cause I know if I do sell it I would sell it for to little money and be upset lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Any more info? I'm not sure what to do with it. Classifieds on here?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I posted it on ebay and here is the link. What do you think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Almost-Perfect-Vintage-Swiss-Heuer-Stopwatch-7-Jewels-Fisher-Scientific-10-min-/261598833442?
I just want to make sure that I'm not selling it for too little. Can someone give me a good estimate on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
What do You mean by "too little" ? :) You posted it as an auction so the price will be not greater than what people want to pay for it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts