WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts

This is a Metric-Retro from Brew watches. As soon as it come back available, I’m ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you snag one? The second batch came and went in what seemed like seconds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
View attachment 16359837
My collection is currently at seven watches.
Since acquiring my Hamilton Khaki King and the Melbourne Portsea Calendar I have taken a real liking for Timex watches.
They are readily available from drugstore displays and the Timex kiosks.
The California dial Marlin would nicely round up my modest collection of wrist candy. View attachment 16359851
View attachment 16359850
These represent the upper end of "affordability" for me.
Enjoy your day!
The Hamilton is nice. I do not have a watch with the day banded across the top of the watch. Yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Check out microbrands.

Someone already mentioned Boldr, Tsao, and a few others? I'd add:
Zelos
Helson
Armida
Vaer
Traska

And depending on your budget and tastes, some homage manufacturers:
Tissel
Alpha
Tiger Concepts
I have seen some Zelos stuff but don't know the other brands. Cheers!.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you like Oris or Ball, don't settle. You already have a watches that cover most needs. Buy youself a little piggy bank and put your money in it. Before you know it, you'll be sporting the one you really want. ;-)
That's the collectors quandry isn't it?. You got an itch you want to scratch. Scratch it now, or put the pleasure off a bit for a harder scratch in a while. I have to say i really like the look of Ball watches. One day....

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't believe anyone has yet mentioned Nodus watches. I haven't any first hand experience with them, but they certainly tick the boxes for me aesthetically. They seem to generally be just a smidge over your budget....here are a few examples, photos taken from the Nodus watch website

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Everyday carry
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
VC Overseas
4 Posts
Spinnaker Hull. I wanted a California dial and there were not so many options.
I'm happy with it. Good size, looks and feels nice.
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Material property

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
That's the collectors quandry isn't it?. You got an itch you want to scratch. Scratch it now, or put the pleasure off a bit for a harder scratch in a while. I have to say i really like the look of Ball watches. One day....
I don't think of myself as a "collector" even though I have a small collection of eight pieces (with one or two stragglers from before I discovered WUS). All I am looking to get is the right number and the right type of pieces to cover my needs. So, I am mostly done. If I thought of myself as a collector, I would never finish. Sounds like you are the latter.

Wish you well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I don't think of myself as a "collector" even though I have a small collection of eight pieces (with one or two stragglers from before I discovered WUS). All I am looking to get is the right number and the right type of pieces to cover my needs. So, I am mostly done. If I thought of myself as a collector, I would never finish. Sounds like you are the latter.

Wish you well.
I fear i am the latter!. I have thousands of cd's/records (that i have listened to, not just to have around). It's always been about the (endless) search, the new thing, the next thing. Within my limitations obviously, whether that be financial or in terms of space/time. Watches tend to be more expensive than cd's/vinyl as a rule.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Saludos Francisco,
I fear i am the latter!. I have thousands of cd's/records (that i have listened to, not just to have around). It's always been about the (endless) search, the new thing, the next thing. Within my limitations obviously, whether that be financial or in terms of space/time. Watches tend to be more expensive than cd's/vinyl as a rule.
I suspect you have a yearning that cannot be quenched with objects. ;-)

·
Registered
415 Posts
As many people here know, I’m a sucker for Tsao Baltimore and Hager Watches… although I think they’re a little above your range.
View attachment 16359098
View attachment 16359101
View attachment 16359100
View attachment 16359099
We probably live near each other! Have you ever met Alan Tsao or been to Hagerstown to see Hager watches studio? They also work with Maryland Watch Works around the corner from them. They're all really great people. Sometimes, we have a meetup in the Gaithersburg/Germantown area. Stupid Covid has kept us from getting together lately, but I can certainly message you when something else comes around, if you like.

For my contribution to the thread, I'm gonna suggest Lorier. Really great bang for the buck!
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
I currently have 4 watches. Doesn't stop me wanting a 5th watch though. They have all been within the £200-£300 pound range and include an Edox, an Orient, a Laco and a Seiko Prospex (2 dress watches, one pilots watch and one diver). I cannot see my budget expanding from that kind of level for the time being. I would rather buy a new watch now than save for a more expensive purchase. That Ball or Oris will still be there later on.

I have been looking at various brands to try and get an idea of some of what is out there. Citizen, Wenger, Timex, Spinnaker, Rotary, Lorus and Certina are some i have been checking out. Any preferences or ideas on brands i might be missing out on?.

Currently i have my eye on this Sternglas Taiga GMT, i just love the look of it. View attachment 16358829
What affordables are you hankering after?.
Here’s some stuff to consider.

Aragon has released some smaller (42-43mm) models. You get sapphire, ceramic bezels, good lume, NH Seiko movements for under $200.

Timex released the Expedition North line. They have solar and mechanical versions with sapphire. They have 36mm-41mm sizes.

Modding?

And there are great deals on Swiss affordables if you preowned. All of these were $300 or under.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Here’s some stuff to consider.

Aragon has released some smaller (42-43mm) models. You get sapphire, ceramic bezels, good lume, NH Seiko movements for under $200.

Timex released the Expedition North line. They have solar and mechanical versions with sapphire. They have 36mm-41mm sizes.

Modding?

And there are great deals on Swiss affordables if you preowned. All of these were $300 or under.

Thanks for the tips!. Some nice looking watches there, really like the Glycine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks for all the advice. So many brands out there!.I have ordered a Pulsar Pt3a01x1 as something i can wear to work without too much worry over bashing it (i work in retail). Was £60 less 10% as a first purchase, so £54. To me it looks decent value for that amount.
Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font

21 - 37 of 37 Posts