WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the market to buy a fitted rubber strap for my Seamaster Pro Ceramic. I think a rubber strap would give the watch a sportier look and be a nice change of pace compared to the Bond bracelet. I was just wondering if there are any other (less expensive) options than to purchase a second hand Omega 98000085 strap? The Omega straps are priced astronomically high since being discontinued for the Seamaster. I've also read that the Rubber B straps for the SubC "fit" the Seamaster, but is not a perfect fit. I would prefer something that is made directly for the SMPc. What are my options? Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I'm not a huge fan of the isofrane styling. I was hoping for a strap that is fitted to the SMP case, instead of just straight across the lugs. The Rolex Sub seems to have a lot more options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
I think rubber straps from the 42mm Planet Ocean would fit with curved springbars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think rubber straps from the 42mm Planet Ocean would fit with curved springbars

Thanks! I was at the Omega Boutique a few days ago and the technician told me they wouldn't fit...maybe he didn't want to be bothered. Are you referencing the 2500 or 8500 42mm Planet Oceans?

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Thanks! I was at the Omega Boutique a few days ago and the technician told me they wouldn't fit...maybe he didn't want to be bothered. Are you referencing the 2500 or 8500 42mm Planet Oceans?

2500 Planet Ocean series. I think once fitted one of them to a 2500 Seamaster coaxial (2220.80.00) I had

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool thanks again. I'll look into the PO straps. I guess the used market is the best place to find them. The OB charges a pretty penny for their straps. Does anybody know of any other options out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts