WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kirium WL5110, and I like it but the hands are not very luminescent at night. Will TAG Heuer fix that for me, does anyone know? Is there another solution? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
The hands can be replaced by a watchmaker. TAG Service won't do that for you.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
The hands can be replaced by a watchmaker. TAG Service won't do that for you.
When I said this I did not think this was a lume problem. As Tracer12 says they can be relumed if they are lumed. But TAG will use the same factory lume. There are better lumes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I said this I did not think this was a lume problem. As Tracer12 says they can be relumed if they are lumed. But TAG will use the same factory lume. There are better lumes.
Thanks very much, all. That's very helpful.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
I've owned two TAG Carreras, my current one brand new from an AD (so definitely not fake). The lume was equally cr*p on both. I mean you can see it for about 30 mins or so providing it's been in bright sunlight beforehand, but it's very, very poor compared to my Omega Seamaster. TAG may as well not bother.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I've owned two TAG Carreras, my current one brand new from an AD (so definitely not fake). The lume was equally cr*p on both. I mean you can see it for about 30 mins or so providing it's been in bright sunlight beforehand, but it's very, very poor compared to my Omega Seamaster. TAG may as well not bother.
Good lume is uncommon in most Swiss watches. But my Aquagraph has lume as good as I have ever seen. So they can do it if they want. I guess they just don't want to.

I have also determined that low light visibility does not need lume. Shiny reflective hands are often as effective. And, if I need 'all night' visibility, I use tritium gas tube watches like the Mondaine Night Vision. (Indeed, that is normally my wear to bed watch.)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Completely agree. The lume on my Aquaracer pales - literally- in comparison to my Aqua Terra.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Another issue with the kirium is that, due to the design, there's very little lume on the hands or the hour markers.

Unfortunately it's just not a good watch for nighttime reading!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts