WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you remove pointer hands to reach lcd display?
This video from 0:58-1:20 and from 6:11 to 7:45 are important. There is no need to remove any hands and I don't recommend doing so because the hand positions are fixed by dozens of gears from the factory. It can take hours to place them back in the right position

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 5 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fortunately you dont have to remove any hands to reach the LCD.
To reach the LCD you can unclip the metal backside part of the module. Then there are about 4 or 5 tiny screws which holds the PCB. Once the PCB is removed the LCD can be reached from behind (like in the second picture of my post).
I'll try to post some pics when I get home this evening.

You just flip polarized film and that's how you got white background and black letters?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You just flip polarized film and that's how you got white background and black letters?
Yep, remove the old polarizing filter first and then apply the new one flipped 90 degrees like the pic I attached. If you are going to try this be very careful and take your time. This is not something that can be rushed otherwise chances are things can go very wrong and break or hard to obtain parts (springs) can go missing. The environment has to be dust free also so the module won't be contaminated. Getting dust out of the case is a behemoth of a pain in the ass because the other side of the crystal has static load or something. So please do this at your own risk and take a lot of time and patience. I'm no expert it took me more than 10 hours to figure this out and a lot of nerves were wrecked because of mistakes I made out of impatience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, remove the old polarizing filter first and then apply the new one flipped 90 degrees like the pic I attached. If you are going to try this be very careful and take your time. This is not something that can be rushed otherwise chances are things can go very wrong and break or hard to obtain parts (springs) can go missing. The environment has to be dust free also so the module won't be contaminated. Getting dust out of the case is a behemoth of a pain in the ass because the other side of the crystal has static load or something. So please do this at your own risk and take a lot of time and patience. I'm no expert it took me more than 10 hours to figure this out and a lot of nerves were wrecked because of mistakes I made out of impatience.

I remove my lcd today and I think that he is gone. I put back together everything and I got error on altimeter, barometer, and temp. Then I remove triple sensor again to check, put back and now I got RECOVER blinking if I press Compass, barometer or altimeter. I will wait tommorow for sunlight to charge battery even if she is H.
Can you give me your phone number so I can send you photos via whatsup or send me message on my number 00385989939431

21 - 24 of 24 Posts