WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am blown away by this strap and thought I'd share my quick first impressions after a few days.

I bought this strap recently from bandrbands.com. It can be found through watchgecko and strapcode as well, and I think this strap comes on a few Nodus offerings at the moment. Through bandrbands it was $45

It is made of "FKM" rubber, which is a fabricated Fluro-Elastomer rubber, aka Viton rubber. It is highly resistant to chemicals, heat and stains and has no scent. It looks and feels just like "real" rubber though, but better IMO. It is the softest, most pliable and comfortable rubber strap I've ever owned.
It's 20mm, tapers to 18mm, is 3.2mm thick and length is 125/75mm.
The ends curve at the lugs and so does the tail slightly, and the first keeper has holders to keep it in place.
These details make it right out of the box wearable. No shaping needed.
It also has quick release spring bars, and the underside of the strap has ridges to help with breathability.
In addition to black, it also comes in navy blue and orange.

In short, this strap is amazing and a bargain at $45.

·
Premium Member
36,407 Posts
Very nice. Looks great on your watch. I will keep this brand in mind the next time I am shopping for a rubber strap.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
+1 on FKM rubber. I have recently bought a couple and am very happy with them. I got mine from two different companies and they are identical. I believe Raven sells yet another version.

Photo for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good find. If they are in fact the same, that's a heck of a bargain. I may have to try one and compare. Of course it probably wont show up for a month or so.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I can confirm that they're the same straps that came with my Nodus but the buckle isn't as nice.
I think that I am going to try both a black and a blue one.
Especially if it's the same FKM high quality rubber "quick release" strap.
Just tell me, is the buckle reasonably nice and good quality?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
@Tjcdas and @househalfman
If it's the same FKM high quality rubber "quick release" strap, I'm buying 2 of them.

I just want to know first, is the buckle reasonably nice and good quality too??

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
@Tjcdas and @househalfman
If it's the same FKM high quality rubber "quick release" strap, I'm buying 2 of them.

I just want to know first, is the buckle reasonably nice and good quality too??

Thank you.
It's an OK buckle attached to an insanely good $10 strap. There's nothing wrong or anything particularly special about it. It's just...OK.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Got it. Thanks.
I just wanted to be sure it wasn't "substandard".
I'm going to get a black one and a blue one :).
...though I can't stand ordering from alixpress.
I've tried and gotten frustrated several times at checkout.
My wife said don't worry, she will do it,
but that is going to cost me...
since there is no way she will just order those 2 straps :giggle:!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here’s another variation of a fluorine strap I found on Aliexpress. I was after a 21 mm strap and found it by searching for 21mm fluorine straps and this one came up. It looks to be an exact copy of the Hirsch Accent with a couple of big differences- it costs far less and is much more comfortable than anything I’ve ever had from Hirsch including the Accent. Cost was less than $15 when I ordered and it was here in two weeks

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
Yeah, FKM is a really good compound. Makes for flexible straps - moreso than the compound used in e.g. bonetto cinturini straps.

There's now a seiko-style FKM strap (this one, from watchgecko - but I bet the same could be found on ali etc., as with the previous examples).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts