WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

It was a wonderful morning as i caught a domestic flight( on time departure and arrival) on business last week .

After a decent breakfast( by airline standards) , i was feeling quite happy looking forward to the day ahead , admiring my navitimer world in the morning sun, when something happened that got me thinking.....

As i was looking at the dial ( glareproofed both sides blah blah...) when one of the strap lugs caught the sun and the flash nearly blinded me.

Just wondering if it would happen to a pilot on a flight.

Anyway it is ironic that breitling glareproof both sides of the crystal and polish the case to such a shine that it could send light to your retina like a laser....

Any thoughts?

Vineet
Breitlings-Crosswing racing, montbrillant datora,navitimer world
Omega-speedy day date
Tag-2000 exclusive chrono

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't most pilots wear the cool sunglasses? :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
vineet

Need some pics of your Navitimer World.............I want one!!!!|>

Cheers

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,833 Posts
Hi, John. Certainly not a bad idea. Do you know...

had their B-1 cases and bracelet brushed by Breitling to eliminate the glare for that very reason. Not to mention I think they look better now with brushed cases.
what the cost happened to be for the work? If I were still flying I would consider it for the B-1 but I think I would try to acquire an older "beater" B-1 to have brushed. I love the polished finish especially with the UTC attached. A brushed case would look terrific on a Bund strap, don'cha tink? :)

BTW, the latest issue of "Combat Aircraft" (Vol 7 No 10) arrived today and I suspect you may have already seen it. If not, Felix is PROMINENTLY featured in this "Collector's Edition" issue. One of the better photo treatise' I've seen of the Turkey. The centerspread pic is the BEST Tomcat sillhouette shot I've ever seen. Even some of Heater's older pics are in the spread. :)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great wit among the fraternity,

however any logical answers?

Anyway findo400, will try and post pics later in the day .

however with or without the pics the world is the current navitimer to have.

I prefer the dial layout as compare to the tricompax , plus the dial coloured counters.the GMT function is a help for travellers.
plus the size is awesome.(mho)montbrillant datora comes a close second.

But the navitimer to have is the last generation olympus if you can get a hold of one.

·
Registered
340 Posts
But the navitimer to have is the last generation olympus if you can get a hold of one.
damm it you shouldn't have said that..........i feel the need to have one once again....(and i thought i've managed to get over it )...focus tudor, focusO| good thing that there are banks around so that my money are safe from me :gold atm

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Re: Hi, John. Certainly not a bad idea. Do you know...

what the cost happened to be for the work? If I were still flying I would consider it for the B-1 but I think I would try to acquire an older "beater" B-1 to have brushed. I love the polished finish especially with the UTC attached. A brushed case would look terrific on a Bund strap, don'cha tink? :)

BTW, the latest issue of "Combat Aircraft" (Vol 7 No 10) arrived today and I suspect you may have already seen it. If not, Felix is PROMINENTLY featured in this "Collector's Edition" issue. One of the better photo treatise' I've seen of the Turkey. The centerspread pic is the BEST Tomcat sillhouette shot I've ever seen. Even some of Heater's older pics are in the spread. :)
Cheers,
Ron

Ron/John,

I've got the same magazine, some stunning pics but do you know I had completely missed the centre spread - awesome!! So, on page 37, bottom right, which one are you John?! And are you at the controls of any of the shots? If you say page 36, top of page, well, I'll be speechless.

I'm not worthy.

(Vineet, sorry to go off topic on your thread to massage some aviator egos but they do so like it you know! In answer to your question, I can't say the reflection has ever bothered me, but then I only fly a laptop!!)

Rik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts