WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Casio Module 2406. I understand it is similar to the G-Shock. I replaced the battery and now the display flashes on and off at a 1 second rate. When on, it shows 12:00 and all the usual symbols you see in the timekeeping mode. I tried the reset (shorting between the battery + and the contact in the hole marked AC) many times without any change. When I replaced the battery, I did not attempt (for very long anyway) to release the battery from the top. Instead, I released the catches and released the battery clip from the bottom. So I guess I could have done damage by that procedure. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi MJL,

Sorry to say, but I haven't seen this phenomena on a G-Shock yet. I just checked your module. Couldn't it be that the watch is searching for the time signal. What does happen if you close the case and set the watch in a window (as shown in the manual) for about 10 minutes.... I believe the first time it takes a while to get the signal. Do you have the original manual. Is there nothing mentioned (precautions) for battery change (that is never included in the on-line pdf file)?

I can't think of anything else.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
67 Posts
Take the battery out for about 30 seconds or 1 min and then put it back in the slot... if it is O.K. put it all together and be happy... if it is not...

try using another battery - NEW ONE - maybe this was bad...
but do the 30 secs pause again... it's very important...i would recommend MAXELL lithium batterys...

P.S. - sry for my ENGLISH :pp i'm trying to improve it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi MJL,

Sorry to say, but I haven't seen this phenomena on a G-Shock yet. I just checked your module. Couldn't it be that the watch is searching for the time signal. What does happen if you close the case and set the watch in a window (as shown in the manual) for about 10 minutes.... I believe the first time it takes a while to get the signal. Do you have the original manual. Is there nothing mentioned (precautions) for battery change (that is never included in the on-line pdf file)?

I can't think of anything else.

Cheers,

Sjors
Thanks Sjors,

I tried to synchronize with the time signal but no joy. The manual offers no troubleshooting, not even the type of battery or how to change it. They assume you will run to the dealer to change the battery.

See my response to CERTomaz. I think he may be on the right track.

Thanks again - MJL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Take the battery out for about 30 seconds or 1 min and then put it back in the slot... if it is O.K. put it all together and be happy... if it is not...

try using another battery - NEW ONE - maybe this was bad...
but do the 30 secs pause again... it's very important...i would recommend MAXELL lithium batterys...

P.S. - sry for my ENGLISH :pp i'm trying to improve it...
This may be the problem. I measured the voltage of thE "NEW" battery (expiration date of 2010) and it was about 1.7V - not anywhere near 3V. Actually, when I returned home from Radio Shack I noted the package had been opened and retaped. When I get to return this battery for a new one, I'll let you know how it worked out.

And, I think your English is really good.

Thanks - MJL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts