WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Just got my royal oak 15400st last night. Hadn't had the chance to wear it out. As I was admiring the watch after I got home las night, I realised there are two minor scratches on the bracelet. And it got me quite irritated. Wanted to know if its normal for a brand new to hv flaws? Or else what can i do?

Ps. Just a suugestion should I wear it fit or loose since i do hv a small wrist.

Thanks a lot for the comments.

·
Registered
15,662 Posts
Congrats on a great acquisition! Those bracelet scratches wouldn't bother me. Now if they were on the case, bezel or, god forbid, the crystal it would be back to the seller asap for discussion of options . . .

Reactions: tony20009

·
Registered
42 Posts
Was it on display in a shop? I purchased the same timepiece just over a month ago... It was on display at the authorized retailer. The bracelet isn't really protected but the case and face is fully wrapped in plastic. Those scratches could be possible from the plastic watch stands they sometimes use.

I wouldn't stress it... Not saying you are going to do it but I brushed up against a wall in my warehouse so slightly the first week and I have a couple of brush marks on the bracelet. Very hard to see and I'm the only one who knows its there.

However, if you purchase it sight unseen and they said it was perfect then say something.

Its a beautiful piece... Wear it and enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looking at your pics... Do you still have the plastic on it???

Also if the scratches worry you that much you can probably swap a link you removed with the one that is scratched from the look of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. Is indeed a real nice piece, been waiting for this for almost a year now. Yes the plastic is still intact.
Got a good price as well, i think, so maybe just gonna let it rest and enjoy the watch.

Its a brand new stock, still wrap with plastic when they showed me. Just came in a few days ago.

·
Registered
814 Posts
From the picture, it looks like the mark was left when someone dissemble or tried to dissemble the bracelet. It is only unacceptable to the very minority and I for one can live with the scatches made by myself only.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
You'd be within your rights to return it. Personally, I wouldn't fret these much since scratches on the bracelet are eventually inevitable. That said, if you are paying that much for a watch, you are entitled to one that is in mint condition.

·
Registered
15,662 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Is indeed a real nice piece, been waiting for this for almost a year now. Yes the plastic is still intact.
Got a good price as well, i think, so maybe just gonna let it rest and enjoy the watch.

Its a brand new stock, still wrap with plastic when they showed me. Just came in a few days ago.
With those 2 additional facts thrown in, I'd say you are making the correct decision, wear that beauty with pride for a long, long time, congrats again!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
You'd be within your rights to return it. Personally, I wouldn't fret these much since scratches on the bracelet are eventually inevitable. That said, if you are paying that much for a watch, you are entitled to one that is in mint condition.
Ditto those thoughts. I would be a little disappointed if my nice new watch shows up with a couple minor scratches like that ... but I also realize that wearing said watch for a few weeks would more than likely produce just as many ... most likely on the clasp.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Its going to get scratched, no way to avoid it. Especially that bezel. First one makes you want to cry...
But it passes as you want to wear such an iconic and very cool timepiece all the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello... brand new is brand new, I would not put up with that, it's an AP for god sakes. It's like if you bought a brand new Mercedes and when you picked it up it had a dent on the driver's side door from someone at the dealership who was careless. Completely not acceptable. That scratch should have been buffed out, but then again that's my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
41 Posts
That little scratch shouldn't be bad, nothing's ever perfect. You should wear it right to your wrist since your wrist is small it does wear loose and jiggle around. It's better for a big wrist to wear loose

·
Registered
15,662 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sometimes it´s just good to "talk" about these little annoyances to come to a sensible decision.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
And sometimes the responses take us from "not a big deal, your kid hasn't died or anything" to "OMG! A scratch on the bracelet of a $10K watch, unacceptable! Write to congress, have the brand banned from the US and make sure no one ever deals with that AD again". Jeez people, get some perspective.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I figure the last part of your comment was pointed at me. Yeah you can brush this off and in reality it's no big deal. In about a week there will be probably a dozen of these scratches. However if you go back to the AD they will probably make it right. About 10 years ago similar situation happened to me with a Submariner. I brought it back to the AD and without question they buffed it out and gave me me a certificate for a free service. Their rational was, it is easier to keep a Rolex customer happy rather than trying to find new one. Since then I have purchased over a dozen various watches from this store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts