WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pick this up at the flea market I am normally watch guy but this set looks so beautiful if anybody can tell me what I have found and if it's not against Forum rules what the value of this any. Any info would be appreciated especially when it was possibly made thank you. also it says 1/10 12 karat gold filled on the bottom of each cap. I gave $20 for it I hope I didn't overpay like I said I'ma watch guy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
You're a Sumgai!

In case this needs translation...the guy that bought that box of stripey pens with arrow clips, 10 minutes before you got a look? "Who bought em?" "Oh, just sumgai."

Yes, you are Sumgai for the week. Particularly given that both pieces look to be in very good shape...with the box, too, also in good shape. If everything is clean, this set's worth a pretty nice bit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great find! I never get this lucky! Found a Mont Blanc briefcase at a thrift store yesterday and was blown away until closer look revealed a fake!

·
Banned
103 Posts
thats a great find!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just pick this up at the flea market I am normally watch guy but this set looks so beautiful if anybody can tell me what I have found and if it's not against Forum rules what the value of this any. Any info would be appreciated especially when it was possibly made thank you. also it says 1/10 12 karat gold filled on the bottom of each cap. I gave $20 for it I hope I didn't overpay like I said I'ma watch guy
What a beautiful find

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I picked up a legit Cartier Pasha pen a few years back via an estate sale for $90. I PROMPTLY (like a week later) left in a bin at the airport security checkpoint. I still look for them online even though it wrote like garbage.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Awesome find!

·
Registered
294 Posts
$20 for a Parker 51 with matching clutch pencil (it will take 0.9mm lead) is an absolute steal.

My great-grandfather was given the same set when he retired and I still have it.

It is most definitely an aerometric which means you are very likely good to go.

Of note: the "converter" inside the pen (the aerometric filler) is not designed to be removed.

The Parker 51 line is legendary for its ink capacity, reliability, and smoothness.

Wish I'd found that!

:)

Reactions: andrea.b1
1 - 14 of 14 Posts