WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Its certainly has a funky name!

Does the case have any hallmarks? Also, the strap looks quite old - is the buckle silver?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All,

Thank you for your replies. The movement is marked Leon Levy & Preres Swiss, Wizard, 1 Jewel 1 Adj (the @ could possibly be an S). There are markings on the inside of the case, but I can not make them out. I will dig out the magnifying glass tonight to take another go at it.

Regards,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
There is one with the same movement for sale in NY on the bay and they seem to think it is a Leon Levy & Freres but they are taking the movement name it is funny that two different watches named Wizard with different movements. I still think it is made by someone who just happens to add whatever movement they can at the time so for me at least the mystery deepens.

Unusual Leon Levy Freres Wizard Wire Lig Watch 4U2FIX | eBay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at the markings on the interior of the case last night. It is marked Leon Levy & Freres, Swiss. The case and buckle do not have any noticeable hallmarks, the oxidation on them reminds me of a pair of nickel cavalry spurs from the same period that I own.

Regards,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
All,

Thank you for your replies. The movement is marked Leon Levy & Preres Swiss, Wizard, 1 Jewel 1 Adj (the @ could possibly be an S). There are markings on the inside of the case, but I can not make them out. I will dig out the magnifying glass tonight to take another go at it.

Regards,
Daniel
Yes but looking at the other link i posted the same watch branded Wizard was also case by Era Watch Co and with a different movement just seems strange to me to find two watches branded the same from two company's with from what i can see no connection a mystery.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Leon Levy and Freres was a manufacturer, and prior to 1922, watches being imported into the US had to list the manufactuer. After 1922, they could list the importer instead. Era was probably just casing the movement provided by LL&F.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts