WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a watch discribed as a ww2 flieger aviation. Automatic miyatoya 8215. Stainless steel and sapphire Chrystal. Are thier fakes? What kind of price would this bring? I'm just trying to avoid overpaying for a wish knockoff. The hands are luminous also.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your post is pretty vague though in my view though, some clarification may help to target the responses. Initial thoughts...

Are you asking if it is a real watch from WW2 or a good modern homage to such a watch? If the former, no. If the latter, we cannot tell without seeing it.

With regard to price, I am assuming given it has a Miyota 8215 you are probably speaking of a sub $300 watch. Movement is only one aspect, quality of design and implementation is another. Again, cannot really say much without more detail.

Also, fake what? Fleiger is more a style of watch as I understand it. Quality of implementation though is the question I think.

·
Premium Member
40,620 Posts
Maybe not a fake but certainly a homage to the original WWII flieger (or pilot) watch made by the original 5 comprising A. Lange & Sohne, IWC, Laco, Stowa, Wempe. They certainly didn't come with Miyota movements back then.

Prices of those homage watches vary from very low with dubious quality to moderate, better quality ones from the likes of Steinhart etc.

If you are serious about a flieger watch, I recommend you take a look at Laco or Stowa who are forum sponsors and they make affordable pilot watches as well. At least you are buying from one of the original makers of the famed flieger watch.

In full disclosure, I have three watches from Laco.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.