WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

So I am about to purchase my first Stowa watch. I can't decide wether I should be getting the 36mm or 40mm version. I have a 6.25 Wrist.

36mm would look subtle and not look out of place on my Wrist, but then the questions also is, is a flieger watch supposed to look subtle? This is were the 40mm comes in. If I can pull it off, I would rather go with the 40mm. It comes closer to the original in terms of design (slightly bigger bezels than 36mm version).

So what do you guys recommend? Anyone with small wrist had to make the decision yet? Please tell me how I should go about deciding.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Personally I just received the 40mm and, while beautiful, it has taken some time to get used to it on my 7” wrist. It felt small at first and still strikes me that way at times. I would have preferred 41/42mm. So for your wrist to my perspective it would be ideal. 36mm to me would be very small even on a 6.25” wrist. Your mileage may vary.

A good trick is to print each out to scale and try them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. This lets me hope that I could go for the 40mm. And nice idea with printing them out to scale. Will try tomorrow.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'll chime in and also say go for the 40. I have medium sized wrists and almost find the 40 mm flieger to be too small, as others have expressed. I have an Archimede 42 mm blue dial flieger, and prefer its size over the Stowa. 41-42 mm is the sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
36mm is so far from the original (55mm?), personally I'd go 40mm on my 6.25" wrist.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 6.00 inch wrist, went with the 36mm and think it's the perfect size for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 6.5-inch wrist and for me, 41/42 mm seems like the best fit. You can't go wrong with 40mm for sure. All the best for your purchase

·
Registered
76 Posts
Isn't the Lug-to-lug measurement more important to consider if a watch will fit properly onto any wrist? With that said, I have a 6.75" wrist and I have the 40mm (48mm L2L). That fits perfectly on my wrist

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the input. This helped me a lot. I will go for the 40mm as it is closer to the original. Getting really excited now as it is not only my first stowa but also first proper somewhat expensive watch.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I thought the L2L was 48.6. In any case the size is all my 6.25" wrist cares to have. It works because it's a casual tool watch, but it may take some getting used to, depending on what's in your collection.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Baby wrist crew checking in, I have a 6.5 inch wrist. Go with the 40mm, that is my sweet spot, I think is the perfect size. I had a 38mm Hamilton Khaki field and felt it was too small.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just before I placed my order, I measured my wrist again and I came to the conclusion that 48.6mm l2l is too big for me so I went with the 36mm. I somehow feel like I will eventually own both. Let's see how I will fare.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts