WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Vendor
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

long time waiting is now over .-)

Here are the pics from the first watch i have build.
I have to leave now for some hours and i will come back with more details later or tomorrow.
Orderprocess starts on Monday :)
The way to order i will explain here tomorrow morning.

Enjoy the pictures !

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

·
Vendor
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
puictures have problem to download.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
woooow! wish i had reserved one. incredible! amazing work and amazing pics. congrats to everyone who will be getting one of these beauties.

·
Registered
94 Posts
:-! I'm happy with the result:) Jorg thank you for making a fantastic Flieger. Can you also put some pics online with a overview from the Flieger, box and tool :thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It looks really great. The plating/engraving under the swan's neck regulator looks terrific. The finishing looks very nice, and the rest of the engraving is sharp too.

Are you pleased with how the dial and hands turned out? I can't wait to see mine in person.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Jörg,

Here is a quote from your other post about the FO:
"I am also waiting for my watch !!!!!!"

Just curious, would #79 be your watch? That's why you have to finish this one first to verify all the mechanical stuffs and the fit and finish?

As the other has said, it is simply stunning.

Glad I have sent you/your team an email sometime early last year to reserve one of these.

Thanks for all the pictures and keeping us with the progress.

As they said: "FINALLY!!! It's OVER" (referring the wait).

Tommy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dear Jörg,

thank you for the final pictures! The result looks terrific! :)Especially the engraving on the balance cock has added a lot to the look of the movement! Now I even like the golden balance cock!:-!

The engraving on the side and the back hast also come out nicely! Personally, I don't think the side engraving improves the great overall look but it doesn't harm it either. That is why I will opt for the engraving. The "Fl 23883" was definately the best choice over the serial number, a fake plate or some coded year, IMHO.

I have a few questions:

1) I have worries that the black colour inside the engravings and on the rim of the sapphire black will come off in the course of time. Am I right (hopefully not!)?

2) From watches with the same Unitas with indirect central second I have heard, that the seconds hand sometimes not runs that smoothly and jumps from time to time. Have you noticed these problems with the FO and if yes, what can one do about it?

3) How accurately is the watch regulated? As it does have an arret funtion I suggest a minor "Vorgang", i.e. making it - say - 5 seconds fast, rather than slow.

4) I second Rodi's request for posting the switching tool and the (special??) box.

5) Have you already assembled watches?

6) Which is the quckest way of paying (i.e. can German buyers use paypal)? How much is the amount to bribe you for extra fast shipping!:-d

Again, thank you for your time and energy!

Johannes

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Wow it looks great and finally glad that it is finished. Thanks for the great pics. The watch is gorgeous. I really look forward to mine. I really like how the engraving on the balance cock turned out.

I did have one question. Is there going to be perlage on the ancrebridge? Just curious. I remember an earlier post made about deciding to do perlage on the ancrebridge.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I did have one question. Is there going to be perlage on the ancrebridge? Just curious. I remember an earlier post made about deciding to do perlage on the ancrebridge.
Exaxctly! On the pictures you posted today, Jörg, I cannot spot the perlage under the balance you had promissed last autumn.:

"Hello everybody,

sometimes it is not easy to sleep well .-)

So i decided to work on the movement and here you can see the result.

I will make a printing or engraving of the balancebridge (i think it will be a engraving- but i have to try first. My plan is to engrave - later to coat rhodium like the movement, if this not works well i will print in a grey color like the rhodium color of the movement.

Second i made a perlage for the ancrebridge which makes the background of the balance nicer."

All pictures of the movement in the last months had the perlage. Maybe the No 79/80 is your personal version and you prefer a plain balance bridge? Please clarify!

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Fantastic!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts