WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Fenix 3 looks better, it's obviously smaller and probably more comfortable. And I'm saying all of this with an Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire on my wrist.

I'm was just browsing (again) Garmin forum and the number of problems people have there is astonishing for a 450-550 euros device. It looks like they are beta testers for Garmin on their own money. I really, really hope that Garmin fixes those issues for all those people and for raising the bar for Ambit 4.

From Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

· Registered
239 Posts
Oops. It seems like Garmin dropped the ball here. The guy who posted that thread also posted another one a few days earlier with a 7 devices test and he was defending Garmin saying that GPS accuracy is were it should be. But it seems like he reached a different conclusion after all.

I really hope that it's something that can be fixed by a firmware update. But if it's a design flaw.... (I doubt it, but who knows).

· Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, you are right. I was/am in love with Fenix 3's looks and functions (on paper at least) but what's the point if it's so inaccurate and unstable?!

I feel sorry for all those people who paid $500 and believed Garmin's marketing claims and I hope they'll be able to fix it via firmware updates.

· Registered
239 Posts
@Artivis: Thank's for sharing your opinion. Having both devices makes you much less susceptible to fanboyism. Of course, personal preference is still there... but you're only human

About Garmin Connect vs. Movescount: You can also not use Movescount and link your account directly to a number of services (Strava, 2Peak, SportTracks, etc) so I think it's more seamless than manually uploading your moves to third party services. But of course you are limited by Suunto's choice of partner apps.

· Registered
239 Posts
I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I don't denigrate anything. I count myself among those who don't have both watches. I realize that myself, by buying Suunto, I'm more inclined to favour Ambit 3 and minimize Fenix 3's features or overestimate it's problems.

I value more the opinion of those who have both watches for obvious (and not so obvious) reasons.

· Registered
239 Posts
I can't read Fenix's screen in that video so I don't know what's going on with it, I can only guess. That guy has another video where screen is more legible.

By the way, that video is about GPS acquisition speed in a challenging environment. You have no way of knowing which watch is more accurate from that video or which watch tracks better.

· Registered
239 Posts
You need access to the file system to be able to do that. That's no problem on a Mac/Windows and in the future on Android but good luck accessing file system on iOS.

· Registered
239 Posts
It can be done (re-sync a move) on Windows/Mac. I don't recall how, but if you look on Q&A you'll find the answer. If I stumble across it I'll post it here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.