WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Performed the same test in the morning in a covered patio where I stay. Synchronized both watches, so almanacs were up-to date. First acquisition took the Ambit 3 about 7 sec's and the Fenix 3 more than 30 sec's. On subsequent acquisitions, the Ambit acquired location within 2-5 sec's while the F3 was nearly instant. But, the location shown by the A3 was very consistent while the F3 were all over the map. Re-did the test in the afternoon. This time both acquired locations within 5 sec's on initial acquisition. On subsequent acq's the A3 stayed within 2-5 sec's while the F3 was instant. However, again the F3 locations were not consistent, dispersing as far as 100m or more, while the A3 stayed within 10-20m dispersal.

· Registered
134 Posts
Thank you idgsd... So one for sure that F3 has its hardware in place.. Unlike the previous models where even after an hours run the GPS would be still searching.... ;-)

Guess future updates should fix it. . I remember when I got ambit 1 there were similar problems... And then they were fixed.. But ambit from day 1 had their quality hardware in place.

Let's wait and watch...

Suunto with their poor customer policies are not giving updates for A2... Same happened with my A1. Few updates are definitely possible, which are on A3 as of now.

Movescount.... I have written to them since years regarding incorrect values...but so far nothing has been done. Not even talking about the downtimes and unavailable Android app.

I don't see a point staying loyal.. My call is to go to garmin... Use it for year plus and see what suunto does...if they come to speed.. Then I agree product quality alone... I would come back.. Otherwise common platform like strava work beautifully... And then any good watch works well

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,615 Posts
Suunto with their poor customer policies are not giving updates for A2... Same happened with my A1. Few updates are definitely possible, which are on A3 as of now.
Garmin has done the same to F2 users, they do not have most of the features available on F3, no IQ connect, cannot run Ultratrac and Pods at the same time, cannot BT connect and Ant+ at the same time....all done with F3

This is how both companies operate and frankly, I don't see much of a difference here, do you really think Garmin continues to update older devices forever????

· Registered
398 Posts
Don't mind at all if they don't update the Ambit2 anymore. They already gave us several updates, at least two of which were packed with new features. Don't really think people should expect more than that.
I generally agree. We did get some great updates- like in-watch cadence.

but- why didn't the Ambit 2 get the custom workout generator?
yes, I know that there are a couple of very good app generators on-line, but this really should be a built in function

· Registered
1,615 Posts
I generally agree. We did get some great updates- like in-watch cadence.

but- why didn't the Ambit 2 get the custom workout generator?
yes, I know that there are a couple of very good app generators on-line, but this really should be a built in function
Observing how the workout generator has been built into the phone app, this is not probably possible. However, if they (Suunto) bring the capacity to Movescount, it should work for all of the Ambits. Presently, for Ambit3 users the workout functionality is on the iPhone and watch. Nothing shows up on the website.

· Registered
134 Posts
Dear Mart...
I do agree with company policies and I'm sure garmin wouldn't give updates to old devices.
I'm a android user.. I would have loved a A3 on my wrist.. But with no promises for Android app it looks disappointing...

Also like I mentioned the incorrect values that are not corrected since years... I remember talking to you too about it.

I moved to strava, since it gives me all bikers around me in Mumbai and their speed records... So with a common platform all watches are just the same...

Just that the F3 gave me confidence that I don't have to give away my ant toys... And I can buy BT toys as well... Personally I was unhappy with Suunto with that approach... Of only BT...

Now they will get A4 with similar or one extra feature from the F3 and the saga continues :)

· Registered
771 Posts
I'm a android user.. I would have loved a A3 on my wrist.. But with no promises for Android app it looks disappointing...
Except that the Android app for the A3 will be coming out this month, and this has been communicated (certainly on the what-feels-like-thousands of comments/questions about that on Facebook and Twitter). So, the real question would be where you come up with "no promises". (That it's taken a long time and that Suunto is not the most forthcoming with information on releases, that's still true, but also a matter of corporate communications policies that are similar with many companies.)

· Registered
134 Posts
Apple 🍎 announces when the next IOS will be released... Android does the same.... Windows announced win10.. And it's already on the roll... Not for all but few different devices... So that's a promise... Android app for suunto..... Only the users are taking... Not suunto... Which should have said... We will launch in April... Or May... I think they did give some month sometime back but failed to deliver....

So I differ on the opinion that Corp communication policies not forthcoming with information on releases...

So now with F3, what will they do? put resources to make A4 or still make that android app? Cause last when the movescount was down they admitted that lack of man time was causing the delay.

I'm just staying unbiased here...while still wearing a A2 in my hand :)

· Registered
771 Posts
"The App is currently available for iPhone/iPad users and becomes compatible with Android in April, supporting Android 5.0, 4.4 and 4.3."

http://www.suunto.com/News/Suunto-l...S-watch-and-a-new-color-for-the-Ambit3-Sport/

And, regarding next-gen speculation/communication: Apple doesn't announce when a new device is coming out, either. You're now confusing new software versions (for which, also see the above press link) and new hardware. Of course the android app is coming.

· Registered
1,615 Posts
Only the users are taking... Not suunto... Which should have said... We will launch in April... Or May... I think they did give some month sometime back but failed to deliver....
While I like Suunto products I am not going to defend them for no reason....but you are wrong, Suunto did announce March but early in the year stated April, so they have been talking. If you peruse their FB page they have said numerous times it will be soon and April. I have owned all the Ambits and the release dates are not usually at the last possible day, often software/firmware updates are out earlier than the last day and even earlier than the last week.

I am not an Android user but I do think Suunto dropped the ball on this one...they should have released the Ambit3 with iOS and Android at the same time as it would have definitely helped sales. The Ambit2 was not that old when the 3 came out. Personally, neither Suunto nor Garmin take the software seriously enough. I want to sync offline and download moves and then have those upload when in cellular range. I want to be able to import routes with my iPhone and not have to use the computer, currently this is very difficult to do.

· Registered
64 Posts
I, for example, would like to have an option to export my move more than once… Seriously - i deleted my move from mobile app and now it is gone forever???? Is there some place in the marketing stuff, where they say that i am allowed to share my effort only once?
This is very bad - i was working on my swimming technique and the training is lost - i can see it in the watch but it wont sync, since it was uploaded once...

· Registered
1,115 Posts
I, for example, would like to have an option to export my move more than once… Seriously - i deleted my move from mobile app and now it is gone forever???? Is there some place in the marketing stuff, where they say that i am allowed to share my effort only once?
This is very bad - i was working on my swimming technique and the training is lost - i can see it in the watch but it wont sync, since it was uploaded once...
You'll have to delete the downloaded file (on your mobile phone?) and all references to it and then it should sync again. I don't have the A3 (somebody else with the watch can give you more details if needed) but if it's still on your watch then it's not gone forever.

· Registered
239 Posts
You need access to the file system to be able to do that. That's no problem on a Mac/Windows and in the future on Android but good luck accessing file system on iOS.

From Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

· Registered
64 Posts
So the first sync destination is important? If i synced via IOS then the file will be there?
I tried to delete the Movescount app from Iphone and re-install it - i guess that it means that the file is no longer there?
Is it marked some way in the whole Movescount system?

· Registered
64 Posts
I wasnt aware of this limitation. Not sure what to think of that. I would ask Suunto but they refuse to answer my emails (already sent 2 of them). Seems really bad.
Normally it works great but in case of any sync issues, you are cooked.

· Registered
216 Posts
Recovering / re-transfering Moves that were deleted from App is covered in Q&A also, for example see Product support - Suunto , search for "Just deleted a move on the app" , with double-quotes (uh.. no direct linking to threads.. )
We regret to inform you that it is not possible to re-transfer a move that has already been transferred via the Mobile App, even if you deleted it from the app.
1 month, 1 week ago
Beatrice_from_Suunto

· Registered
64 Posts
Yes, i saw that. I just cannot comprehend - why? Who does that? How can you design the system, where you extract the result of hours of your effort only once???
Things do go wrong in real life, phones have issues, computers have issues, watches have issues.
I was counting that Suunto can "undelete" the move on the server-side.
In my case, i would have all the data without HR plot (which was the issue nr 1 in my scenario).

This limitation should be stated in bold red letters on Suunto product site...
I have an impression that Suunto support is doing all they can to spoil good product with lack of interest.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.