WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of "Watch Time" magazine December 2006 issue. Full page description inside as a "Luxury Sports Watch".
Its growing on meB-) - might be glad my wife wants to get one for me - definately different.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yeah, i tried on the blue dial version of the flying b about a month ago. i hated it when i first saw it, but it's kinda growing on me too. and, it feels and looks great on too. but, i can't say that i'll ever like it enough to buy one though.

Of "Watch Time" magazine December 2006 issue. Full page description inside as a "Luxury Sports Watch".
Its growing on meB-) - might be glad my wife wants to get one for me - definately different.

·
Registered
42,065 Posts
:-( At about 13.5K, that's a bad joke. Patek starts at about that price and
Panerai starts under four. I had one in and I'm glad it was shiped out.
Blinged Super Avengers are much less. They must have been drinking some real bad stuff in the board room to come out with this one.
it's pricey for a breitling yeah, but it's not that much compared to other brands. it's priced up there more with panerai. now, if your talking about the yellow or rose gold versions, now that's expensive. good thing i'm not a fan of either color lol.

·
Registered
719 Posts
well, that's much higher then the price i got for the stainless steel version. so, i'm going to assume your talking about the price of the yellow or rose gold version. as for as panerai, my two panerai's are 7k and 9500k, but you may be talking about a base model. i think there might be a few models under 4k.

but, i do agree that most breitling fans are not going to buy one, not just cause of the price either. it's just very differnt and not representative of the breitling name. in my opinion, it comes across as a watch that is more like jewelry, like cartier for example. it's still not a bad looking watch, although i hated it when i first saw it.

:-( At about 13.5K, that's a bad joke. Patek starts at about that price and
Panerai starts under four. I had one in and I'm glad it was shiped out.
Blinged Super Avengers are much less. They must have been drinking some real bad stuff in the board room to come out with this one.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,560 Posts
I do agree that most breitling fans are not going to buy one, not just cause of the price either. it's just very differnt and not representative of the breitling name. in my opinion, it comes across as a watch that is more like jewelry, like cartier for example. it's still not a bad looking watch, although i hated it when i first saw it.
Ditto. <|
Cheers,
Ron

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,153 Posts
Hi Davey,

Don't be sorry. From image on a page to a watch on the wrist is a big leap in perception. For very new concepts one has to go with the gut disliking or liking at first look see or suspend judgement until it is palpable in the hand and on the wrist. I like getting down with the watch and seeing how it fits with my real world perceptions not just what I associate with the image off the page.

·
Registered
42,065 Posts
:) $13,420 is MSRP for SS. Since it's a Bentley, discounting will result in
losing the line, so I take it you got a Grey Market quote.
Catier, although a house lable, puts out some very interesting watches
that go far beyond a "jewelry watch."

well, that's much higher then the price i got for the stainless steel version. so, i'm going to assume your talking about the price of the yellow or rose gold version. as for as panerai, my two panerai's are 7k and 9500k, but you may be talking about a base model. i think there might be a few models under 4k.

but, i do agree that most breitling fans are not going to buy one, not just cause of the price either. it's just very differnt and not representative of the breitling name. in my opinion, it comes across as a watch that is more like jewelry, like cartier for example. it's still not a bad looking watch, although i hated it when i first saw it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
no, i never buy watches on the grey market. i buy from one ad only for all my breitlings. and, i get a really good price. they got this ss version under 10k for me, if i wanted it. it's definitely grown on me, but not enough to actually buy it. plus there are so many other watches that have been on my wish list for much longer lol.

:) $13,420 is MSRP for SS. Since it's a Bentley, discounting will result in
losing the line, so I take it you got a Grey Market quote.
Catier, although a house lable, puts out some very interesting watches
that go far beyond a "jewelry watch."

·
Registered
148 Posts
Only two words to describe this particular timepiece - absolutely bleeding awful!

Oh, that was three words - sorry.

Still, the world would be a very boring place if we all had taste....

B-)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Seen it In Real Life myself...

and although it's too big for me, it looks very good. It's rather a Bentley than a Breitling but it's still nice. As for it's price: about 11 K Euro's for SS on bracelet is rather much. For that much money, I think I would buy a IWC Portuguese Automatic and a Colt GMT :-D or maybe I could get a WG Navitimer GMT Japanese LE 2005...

Kind regards,

Cinq

1 - 15 of 15 Posts