WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share with you these pics of my new Riseman GW9200J-1JF. Finally the Flying Squirrel is in Sonora.

Intuitive; no real need for manual if you're already familiar with Protrek/Pathfinders. Home time visible in all modes: World Time, Stopwatch, Timer and Alarm. Killer altimeter, and I mean killer altimeter. Comfortable and light (the sensor, which I was afraid would be hard for my lefty habit of wearing watches on the right wrist, I can hardly feel it). Perfect size, in my opinion. And last but not least, a mascot on the caseback I fell in love with. :)

Pilot Squirrel:

Smart looks:

World Time:

Stopwatch:

Timer:

Altimeter:

Altimeter button:

Unobtrusive Sensor (Even for a lefty like me):

On the wrist:

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
You know we're all dying for more photos Vintage ;-). Any comparison shots you can do (vs. common models like the 6600/6900/5600/9000, etc) ???

Beautiful shots. Glad to hear the feedback on wearing it on the right wrist, as that's 'how I roll' too :-!.

This will sound funny, but can you remove and post a shot of one of the screws holding the strap on? I'm interested to know if I can fit this to a Zulu adapter...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Love the squirrel! I'm really warming up to that watch. It looks much better on a wrist than sitting in a box or whatever. Here's hoping we can get them cheap when they come out in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Nice one Vintage !!!! Great photos :-! It really is a nice looking watch but I'd also like to see some size comparison shots too, any chance of it next to a standard, like the 6900 at all ? Anyway, lucky guy, it looks great:-!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice watch :-!

I like it so much, that I need to buy one.
Therefore I have a few questions.

The altimeter, will it show in meter regardless of version?
The temperature sensor, will it show temperature in Celsius regardless of version?

I would like to buy from Seiya, are his versions with Celsius and meter?

-paul-

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'm loving the new riseman,especially the altimetre.this seam a dumb question( sorry i'm new here) but is this gonna be available in the uk,or will i have to order from the net?

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My 2 cats, Pantunfla (female) and Patotas (male), were needing Whiskas (cat food), so there I went, Riseman on the wrist, to this risky journey. I walked, of course, under Sonora's 39°C (what's the point of my new Riseman if I went driving?). :)

But first things first.

Casio module programmers finally corrected the problem for the Venezuelan time zone! In a clear message to Caracas (CCS), capital of Venezuela, for ruining all past Casio modules with World Time mode by creating a new time zone last December, they swapped it for Santiago de Chile (SCL), capital of Chile. Good bye, CCS; welcome, SCL! :-d

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Great pics! Cheers :-!

It's a real nice size.

With the TOD in the timer and stopwatch mode this is def my next G :-d

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know we're all dying for more photos Vintage ;-). Any comparison shots you can do (vs. common models like the 6600/6900/5600/9000, etc) ???
Some comparos. I tried to keep the very same height between the models, so you can get a real idea of how they compare in terms of size:

G9000 Mudman/GW9200J:

GW9100 Gulfman/GW9200J:

Protrek PRW1300GJ/GW9200J:

I want to take more pics, guys, but the sun is at its peak right now. Very hot. :-(

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Some comparos. I tried to keep the very same height between the models, so you can get a real idea of how they compare in terms of size:

G9000 Mudman/GW9200J:

GW9100 Gulfman/GW9200J:

Protrek PRW1300GJ/GW9200J:

I want to take more pics, guys, but the sun is at its peak right now. Very hot. :-(
Excellent shoots!:-!

It appears as if the cuff to cuff size of the new Riseman is identical to a Gulfman and Mudman which are both 51mm. However the new Risman will give a bigger impression due to larger crystal and also a few mm wider. My screen ruler application seem to suggest that it is 50.9mm (2")wide if we count the sensor. Could you verify this by measuring it?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Wow Vintage! Beautiful photos. :-! Looks like I won't need to post any up when I finally get my hands on my flying squirrel. :)

I like those side-by-side size comparison shots too. :p

1 - 20 of 111 Posts