WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FO It's here!!!!....First Impressions - MODEM BURNER!

Those who can't handle this thread , please look away or pres "ALT/F4"

Wow what a masterpiece!!!
GREAT job Jorg and Staff.

here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Congratulations! I am full of envy...
No, this is for you and all the others who will receive this beauty in the coming weeks. Wear your new FO with health! Also thanks to Jorg for making this beauty, I might have been late on this one but sure will look up for future goodies.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The 17/80 has landed in Lisbon today too! :-!

I can only agree with all the praising of this exquisite timepiece.

:thanks Jörg, congratulations for the making of this beauty and best wishes for Basel! b-)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Congrats on receiving yours. Now I must wait patiently...it's getting harder seeing these pics.:p

I really like your lume shot and I am so glad they decided to put lume on all the markers. That makes a huge difference.

Congrats to all those that have received their's this week.:-!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Congrats with your new one, Kris :)

Really good looking timepiece. :-!

That´s what i thought, too. How much is your wrist, Kris?
Hi Nightflight, my wristsize is 17cm that's 6,7". When I took the pics the strap was a bit loose, that's why the watch looks bigger.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm with you Todd--still waiting, and certain that I will be for a while, as I think I got on the list later than most.

Thanks for the pictures--they look fantastic. The lume is brilliant! I'm impressed with how bright it is and the quality of application. Overall, the finishing looks good. I wonder how it compares with some of the other pilot watches out there (i.e. IWC) with regard to the finishing of the case, dial, hands, etc. Any comparison? (I guess the case is less well finished than IWC, but I'm betting the dial and hands are better.)

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
After I get mine, I'll have to go to an IWC AD and compare.:-d I did try on a Spitfire Mark XV and the case was really well finished, but I didn't have a Stowa to compare it too. From what I understand, Jörg does a lot of his own finishing to the case and does it ever more with his own brand, Schauer.

It would be a cool comparison has far as case, hands and lume. IWC does have the advantage of the case technology with the soft iron core for anti-magnetism and the re-worked movement with better parts.

Stowa's lume is way better, IMO. Here is a pic from TZ showing the lume of the IWC Mark XVI.

Pic posted by PSAN (IWC TZ Forum)

I like the blue hands of the Stowa much better.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Cool--I look forward to your review, Todd. IWC does good things with their movements, and their case work is first-rate, so I suspect they will come ahead there. But the IWC hands and dials have slipped considerably of late in quality, and I think the FO may come out ahead. I certainly prefer the blued hands and less-cartoonish dial of the FO in pictures.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
668 Posts
Big deal...
I mean, who cares, really?

Bla bla bla......:roll: :rodekaart

Same as beautifull women, fast cars, sexy airplanes, good food, etc etc. :-x

DAMN! Congratulations to all, and in particular to the Stowa team for this masterpeice!

:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Fantastic pictures! Congratulations and wear it in good health as they say. :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.