WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was hanging out on these boards for a while last year, but have stayed away after reserving my Airman Original SE so I don't buy a closet full of watches! lol.

I just got the email about the reservation list on the FO, but I am wondering that the difference is between the FO and the AO SE. I thought the AO had no logos and a serial number, but by the looks of the newsletter, the FO is the same. I know some variations are sapphire backed, but I am referring to the general differences, not the different options.

Could someone remind me what the difference is between the two models? I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
There is no difference, it's the same watch.

The only difference is in the language "Airman" Original in English = "Flieger" Original in German.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks.

I figured they were very close if not the same, but people kept referring to them in different terms so I was not sure.

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Hello,

i have to change the name from Airman Original to Flieger Original because Glycine watch forced me to change.

They have the name reserved for them :-(

For me it was always the translation from Flieger to Airman.
Now they don´t allow to do this anymore and it is very difficult to keep it.
The law is not exactly fixed and i have no time to check it realy and i don´t want to invest time in a tramnslation for a model which stands for its own.

best regards

Jörg Schgauer

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. That means I might actually get one of these high coveted watches because I am somewhere around 300 in line! You just made my day!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Hello,

i have to change the name from Airman Original to Flieger Original because Glycine watch forced me to change.

They have the name reserved for them :-(

For me it was always the translation from Flieger to Airman.
Now they don´t allow to do this anymore and it is very difficult to keep it.
The law is not exactly fixed and i have no time to check it realy and i don´t want to invest time in a tramnslation for a model which stands for its own.

best regards

Jörg Schgauer
Jorg, I actually like the name "Flieger" better, sounds more original :-!

·
Registered
338 Posts
so i was hanging out on these boards for a while last year, but have stayed away after reserving my airman original se so i don't buy a closet full of watches! Lol.

I just got the email about the reservation list on the fo, but i am wondering that the difference is between the fo and the ao se. I thought the ao had no logos and a serial number, but by the looks of the newsletter, the fo is the same. I know some variations are sapphire backed, but i am referring to the general differences, not the different options.

Could someone remind me what the difference is between the two models? I would appreciate it.
what email???

·
Registered
39 Posts
The deadline has been extended. Here's Jorg's second e-mail from this morning:
------------------------------
Dear Customer,

on Tuesday - June 16 Th.at 9.36 a.m. we were sending our newsletter with new information regarding our Flieger Original.

This mail was send to more than 1.000 customers.

We now have learned that the email of some customers, in consequence of special settings in there mail program, did not reach them.
The message were archived in their spam file.

To all these customers we want to forward a further chance to read our newsletter ( see attached link. )

This message is send to all our customers who did not contact us until Today !

We want to be fair and to give you the possibility to contact us until tomorrow - Wednesday June 24 rd at. 12. a.m.

You will find detailed information in our Newsletter.

Please go to: www.stowa.de/fo.htm

If you did receive our former mail we would like to ask you for understanding that you receive this information again.

The experience has however indicated rather to inquire one time too much than one time too little :)

thank you

your STOWA team

·
Registered
329 Posts
The deadline has been extended. Here's Jorg's second e-mail from this morning:
------------------------------
Dear Customer,

on Tuesday - June 16 Th.at 9.36 a.m. we were sending our newsletter with new information regarding our Flieger Original.

This mail was send to more than 1.000 customers.

We now have learned that the email of some customers, in consequence of special settings in there mail program, did not reach them.
The message were archived in their spam file.

To all these customers we want to forward a further chance to read our newsletter ( see attached link. )

This message is send to all our customers who did not contact us until Today !

We want to be fair and to give you the possibility to contact us until tomorrow - Wednesday June 24 rd at. 12. a.m.

You will find detailed information in our Newsletter.

Please go to: www.stowa.de/fo.htm

If you did receive our former mail we would like to ask you for understanding that you receive this information again.

The experience has however indicated rather to inquire one time too much than one time too little :)

thank you

your STOWA team
Weird I got the first email (though it got spam filtered). I didn't get the second one though.

It would be useful if there was confirmation from STOWA that your selection of fo1,fo2, fo3, or fo123 was received.

·
Registered
455 Posts
They opened these email addresses specially, so they likely won't be spammed.
I didn't get second email too. It's not like I need it. I am on the back of the line anyway. The only email I want to get is the one saying that I won the raffle. :-d
But this not going to happened ether, I have never won anything in my life, that's how lucky I am. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I didn't get the second e-mail either, but from the message posted by Henry4 it sounds like Jorg only sent the second message to people that had not responded by today. If you responded, I don't think you'd get another e-mail.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I prefer the FO name as well.

I received the first email, but gmail filtered it so I had not idea there was an issue until I saw the second email and logged on here. I am thankful they resent the message or I never would have known and would have ended up getting passed by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts