WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was shopping at a local mall, and looking for a black g-8000 that I'd seen there last week.

Found it again at this one of those center aisle stores in the hallway. The guy wanted $79 for it, wouldn't budge downward. The girl who'd been there last week before offered it for $60...ack. So I passed on the high price and went looking at another store, Watch World.

Woo hoo! They were having a 50% off sale. And they also had the black g8000 with normal display that I'd been wanting! So for $40 bucks it was mine!! This watch is so comfortable and readable! The black color just works!

I took some bad pics with my phone camera, here they are.

They also had a triple crown of surfing frogman that was $198 before discount, but it just didn't excite me. Are those a rare model that might be worth it for whatever 198/2 is?? I took some pics of that too.

The 2 pics on the left are the triple crown, the 2 on the right are of the g8000

Attachments

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
While I'm not sure of the values yet, because I'm still learning the vast world that is G, that isn't a bad deal on the G-8000's. Some places to look for the best prices are amazon (yes, surprisingly) 4-watches (experiences may vary) and there is a seller on the 'bay that sells reconditioned watches that many say look brand new for well below original retail prices. Nice watch and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congrats on a great find at $40! The G8000 series has been discontinued recently, so to score one with the basic black configuration is real nice!

Wear it well.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Nice find on the G-8000. :-!

The TC Frogman is a steal at $100.00!!!! That is one of those "Too Good To Be True" kind of deals!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
$198 before discount is a very good price for a blue Triple Crown Frogman.

I got mine for $280 :-(

They also had a triple crown of surfing frogman that was $198 before discount, but it just didn't excite me. Are those a rare model that might be worth it for whatever 198/2 is??

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Should have got the Frogman! That'd be like buying gold for the price of lead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts