WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
It looks like it's a VC ok but that gouge in the back of the case tells us
that a hack/butcher has been at this watch, crown is also incorrect.

Notice that you can't blow up the movement pics!...there might be a reason
for that such as a badly marked up movement, matching the butchered case.

Love the sellers description "slight indentation on back at 5 oclock"...jeepers,
looks like someone took a coarse rats tail file to it, shame.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
I wonder whether the case is even authentic (at least to the original watch). As far as I know, gold hands, markers and logo on a VC mean original gold case so I suspect that it has been frankenised.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The listing has apparently been pulled by the seller but, as Harmut suspects, the case is a fiction and a style never used by V&C. The dial and movement were likely salvaged from a scrapped watch.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
The listing has apparently been pulled by the seller but, as Harmut suspects, the case is a fiction and a style never used by V&C. The dial and movement were likely salvaged from a scrapped watch.

Who in their right mind scraps a V&C for its gold content??/.....

We all know it happens

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Who in their right mind scraps a V&C for its gold content?
It may seem heretical but I'm glad to see some of the ratty old pieces disappear from the gene pool. The interregnum is proving to be the difficult part.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I'm looking at this "indentation", and I wonder what has it been made with- a crowbar? A bayonet? Jeez...
Who in their right mind scraps a VC? No one. But there's a lot of people out there, who are not quite in their right mind.

Reactions: busmatt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts