WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
When they emailed me to send payment I asked if it was possible to switch to DHL. They wrote me back after paying confirming it would be shipped via DHL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just curious about the experience with DHL shipping. Was there a tracking number and how long did it take to arrive ?

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
According to DHL there is shipment tracking. For the other question just flick through this thread (see cdnans posts). Sorry to say but if you are too lazy to read......I can't help.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Just go to post #94 (page 10 for me) and read forward from there. No need to go back to the beginning of the thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to add my experience to the thread...

My Stowa was shipped on October 31 and I went DHL to see if there were any savings over FedEx. The watch arrived today, November 19 so about 3 weeks which is what was estimated.

Tracking was not bad, but not as good as FedEx.

I didn't save anything on duties or taxes (I wasn't looking to, it just happens sometimes).

If I order another Stowa, I think I'll eat the FedEd brokerage fees to have the watch in a shorter time.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
My Antea KS (now gone) shipped, took some time, arrived, I paid some taxes, I enjoyed the watch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought I would update the thread on my recent experience buying a Stowa Antea 365. There's really nothing I can say about the watch that hasn't already been said. However it does look even better in person. What I think matters to most people I assume is the price:

After currency exchange, I paid $1073CAD for the watch + shipping. Upon delivery, FedEx required an additional $232.20 in duty and taxes. For a grand total of $1305.20CAD.

My only complaint is the lack of instruction included with the package. I had no idea how to properly set the date. I'm not sure I even did it correctly, I mean how does the watch know if there are 30 or 31 days in the month?

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
......I mean how does the watch know if there are 30 or 31 days in the month?
The watch does not know, you have to know and set the date accordingly. Pull out the crown out lightly (position1) but not all the way (position2, setting the time). At this point, you can change the calendar by turning the crown. To know if the hands are in AM or PM mode, you may find it useful to set the calendar a day before the actual date because you can change to the actual date by advancing the hands.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just received my Antea KS via FedEx and I'm located in NS, Canada. It shipped Thursday (the 12th) and arrived today (the 17th).

I paid FedEx $210.38 CAD at the door. This includes custom duties ($49.43), tax ($149.45 - %15 HST in NS), $10 ROD Fee + $1.50 tax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My MO arrived today (Friday the 24th) at my unit in Toronto. It was sent on Friday the 17th using DHL. No additional payment required.

When ordering I requested that the watch be sent using DHL, which was no problem.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My MO arrived today (Friday the 24th) at my unit in Toronto. It was sent on Friday the 17th using DHL. No additional payment required.

When ordering I requested that the watch be sent using DHL, which was no problem.
You may get lucky but DHL is known to bill you for after your shipment.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You may get lucky but DHL is known to bill you for after your shipment.
DHL is the German equivalent of Canada Post, in this context it's not the same company or shipping process as DHL Courier. I've had my last several purchases sent by DHL over FedEx and all have been delivered by Canada Post with the hand off between the national carriers occurring at customs entry. Coincidentally Canada Post also has decided not to assess taxes or duties on any of those shipments, however that's more luck of the draw than anything else, had CP charged tax/duty I would have paid it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey guys, any recent purchases? Is DHL Germany still the way to go? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Stowa flieger

141 - 160 of 171 Posts