WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be really nice to find a site where one could see a time line on the different amphibian cases. I do not really know which one to get, the ones I have so far are the round cases with 18mm straps.

Regards Erik

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The first documented instance of the 710 case is in a 1980 Vostok catalog, the 710696 Amphibia.

I have to guess as to when the 110 case started, but it was a much later addition, possible around 2010 thereabouts, and I cannot find it in any earlier catalogs.

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
It would be really nice to find a site where one could see a time line on the different amphibian cases. I do not really know which one to get, the ones I have so far are the round cases with 18mm straps.
Does the timeline determine which case you might try next?
That 710 case from 1980 is more angular than the modern 710 case. I think I like the original more!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the timeline determine which case you might try next?
That 710 case from 1980 is more angular than the modern 710 case. I think I like the original more!
Nah, just curious. However I've found 110s on ebay that has ZAKAZ MO CCCP, on the dial. Must be fake

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
I have the Soviet Ministry, it's wider than the current one, I think 42mm with thin "wings", so the current 710 is a modern reissue.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What I have been trying to find a look at, is the actual "issued" amphibia's that were given to the divers etc to see if they were like UK ones "plain janes" or were stock Vostok's and what back markings too.

Also where do the 119's fit in as all the ones I see have "Made in USSR" in English, were they export models? Still waiting on my one to arrive from the federation (Russian not Captain Picard one) and curious why nearly all the examples I have seen have that "homedone" lume on the markers not expertly done, can't see Vostok letting their workers three year olds loose with the lume brush so wondering in what situation ppl would be opening up their 119's and after drinking a can of special brew have at the markers using their cats tail as a brush...

·
Registered
8,427 Posts

If you are talking about 119s like this one yes they were export model (especially for Poland and DDR, from the way Vostok is spelt). Line dots are ok but they weren't issued, military personnel could buy it.

The only ones that were "issued" to ships were the special 300mt ones.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Would love to see any pics of what the issues were, I have a very plain black, tiny red star Zakas dial which was a NOS find but doesn't fit the 2234 which I had bought it for one of my Commanders to replace a very damaged blue dial with, I will have to dig it out and prob was for a 2214A due to the date window but says antimagnetic on the dial which is confusing as Kom's weren't back then antimagnetic and Amphibia's weren't date windowed :S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts