WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Best car show EVER (and I'm speaking as an American car enthusiast) was Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond.

My wife, who is NOT a car enthusiast, loved to watch those three guys. What a great show that was. Nothing else touches it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
One of my favorite British phrases learned from Top Gear is "bit of kit." As in, "That's a nice bit of kit." I use it frequently. :)

My new-to-me GW-2500B-1A is a nice bit of kit!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Another phrase I like and use (that I THINK is British) is, "Bully for you." It's a sarcastic way of saying "well, good for you." It most often flies over the heads of my fellow Americans.

I also like the word, "Bollocks!"

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Another phrase I like and use (that I THINK is British) is, "Bully for you." It's a sarcastic way of saying "well, good for you." It most often flies over the heads of my fellow Americans.

I also like the word, "Bullocks!"
I think you'll find it's 'bollocks'! ;)

·
Registered
7,901 Posts

I also like the word, "Bollocks!"
"that 70s show" tv show, used "bully for you" quite alot

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Best car show EVER (and I'm speaking as an American car enthusiast) was Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond.

My wife, who is NOT a car enthusiast, loved to watch those three guys. What a great show that was. Nothing else touches it.
then they became a parody of themselves with the grand tour rebirth. would still watch it over the nonsense that is top gear usa

current fave car shows - hyperdrive, full custom garage and diesel brothers

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Those are the same thing as the Thomas' brand that I posted. English Muffins AKA crumpets :)
so your english muffins are actually english muffings but you call them crumpets?? lol no wonder its so confusing!

tho i do feel like having breakfast for lunch now 😋

·
Registered
844 Posts
Crumpets are pancakes, mate.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Muffins and crumpets are different things.

Here's a muffin, McD style.

And here is a crumpet.

a crumpet is buttered whole, whereas a muffin, which has a much more bread-like form and texture, is halfed.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Not really different in either country, still somewhat strange:

This one is called a bus:

while this one is called a van:

(photocredit Wikipedia)

61 - 77 of 77 Posts