WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is my beloved Sinn 157 in steel with the Lemania 5100 movement. A long time grail of mine has been made possible (Tudor Pelagos LHD) so this one has to go as part of the funding.

It's dimensions are 40x45x15 with a 20mm lug width. Completely brushed case with a flat sapphire on top.

The watch has had the original crystal and clasp replaced with original parts from Sinn this August (it was a keeper back then). Watch had the crystal replaced at one of the top watchmakers in Romania (Adrian Rotariu) and passed a 5 bar water test. The watch has an L-shaped crystal gasket, similar to those of the Seiko Tunas. Mr. Rotariu also serviced the watch 2 years ago and another service was not required. The Lemania 5100 is a robust movement famous for it's very long service intervals and reliability. The clasp was replaced as the original ones divers extension deploys quite easily. It is an easy fix (some bending) but I chose to get a spare clasp anyway. The original crystal + clasp + an extra crystal gasket will be included in the package.

The bracelet is complete + 1 additional titanium link that would have suited the titanium version (I figured having a spare link, even if titanium could not hurt). With the titanium link mounted it can fit a wrist of about 21-22 cm :). The OEM leather strap is also included in the price.

The watch is in fairly good condition considering it is from around 1995, with normal wear and tear signs present. The condition can be observed in the pictures quite well. Sinn does offer a case refinish if you are willing to send the watch to them, but I did not consider it necessary, at least for now.

The dial of course has the luminous markers and hands painted with tritium and the ageing process has started on the minute hand.
Dial is in perfect condition, no blemishes, marks, dust, etc.
The watch comes with no box and papers, just the bracelet and extra parts (old clasp, old crystal, new crystal gasket)

An article with the watch being offered for sell can be found here:

I can provide my ebay account for refferences.

PRICE: 1400 eur, includes free shipping in EU. For outside EU we will figure it out.

EDIT: since this thread has been opened, the watch received a full movement service in april/may 2021 and is now running +-3 SPD. The auto wind function was not working properly so since it had to go in for this, did a full service again at Mr. Adrian Rotariu.

I will happily answer any question or provide any information you require!

Watch Analog watch Automotive tire Clock Material property

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

1 - 20 of 41 Posts