WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Interesting to see these pages from the consumer catalogues. I have found some of these catalogues online but it would be good to get copies of all of them.

I have some very similar examples in my collection on my website, particularly the clocks and Slava watches.

Yantar animated clock. This is the single bell clock you show.

Some Moscow Slava key souvenir clocks

Slava quartz alarm clocks - particularly popular in Poland where my examples came from.

I have the Sekonda branded version of the 21 jewel automatic Slava with the asymmetrical case but I can't find a photo at the moment. I also have the symmetrical case version see below.

This is another unusual Moscow souvenir Slava clock with an electro-mechanical movement.

Sekondtime

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I saw one of them clock keys the other nite on ebay, never seen 'em before showing my noobness hehe

Am absolutely loving my Slava quartz and my very nice Sekonda automatic...

Will say though of all my marques I own, the Slava's seem the most fragile, kinda opposite of a Vostok which is kinda nuclear bomb proof in comparison lol

Waited up all nite for an auction for a Sekonda tank auto to match my Slava tank auto and I won it :D :D :D Now to find the Sekonda tank quartz with the blue dial I wants. You will notice I do things in pairs, with my Komandirskies instead of chasing the expensive rainbow of having one of every dial type I have one of every case type in TiN and chromed brass plus some standard Boctok'age, I aim for the same with the other brands but say the tanks I want the Slava version and the Sekonda version and if there is say a Sekonda version of a Raketa I aim for having both and quite happy doing it that way lol

Been grudgingly given permission by 'er indoors aka my bossy daughter that I may have this month either a watch e.g. a new Amphibia or the £51 Timegrapher thingy and to be honest I think I am going to go with the timegrapher thingy.

Mr Odessa, do you know if they made Soviet car radios? I would love to put one in my three wheel pratmobile having it playing strident Soviet tunes full welly hehe I already have some old Soviet marching songs I mix into my youtube channel videos on occasion and play when in traffic out in the car, so funny the looks I get :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Oh wow, look at that beauty... Hehe even Soviet car radio's have that brutality that eschews the word "nice", spits it out and jumps up and down on it lol

I could see that in my Reliant no probs and now I got my ebay searches saved for the Grodno, the gods of ebay will provide :p

·
Registered
749 Posts
You probably need to look for a Grodno. This one is a Moscow Olympics 1980 version! But be warned, they don't pick up western radio stations!

автомагнитола Гродно 301
avtomagnitola Grodno 301

View attachment 15376964
Oh wow, look at that beauty... Hehe even Soviet car radio's have that brutality that eschews the word "nice", spits it out and jumps up and down on it lol

I could see that in my Reliant no probs and now I got my ebay searches saved for the Grodno, the gods of ebay will provide :p
Who needs to pick up UK stations with it? It's got a tape deck, meaning that any music can be played (even I've got a music centre that'll record to tape! (y) )

·
Registered
80 Posts
Slava all the way. Fantastic information on the brand, especially love the Slava Quartz Cube alarm clock from 1987, they are just totally awesome in every way.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Who needs to pick up UK stations with it? It's got a tape deck, meaning that any music can be played (even I've got a music centre that'll record to tape! (y) )
I picked up a very sweet Denon system for a tenner which I repaired and is awesome and has a beautiful sound to it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts