WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know many of you state the intricate mechanical workings of watches that draw you in. I love mechanical things, and while many of you have pocket watches, I went in another direction... I got a windup mechanical alarm clock!

1. It's functional.
2. I can wind it, and I love winding my Speedy Pro!
3. It's mechanical!

I just picked this up on the bay for the handsome sum of $7.99!

Any of you have mechanical alarm clocks or other mechanical wonders?
Broke my cellphone so I need something to wake me up!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wow, I completely forgot about those old folding travel clocks, I remember seeing them around as a little kid. Does it tick loud? I can't have any sort of ticking noises when I'm trying to sleep, that "tick, tock, tick, tock...." drives me insane.

The only place I have 'digital' clocks are in my bedroom due to that fact:-d

-Chris

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Wow, I completely forgot about those old folding travel clocks, I remember seeing them around as a little kid. Does it tick loud? I can't have any sort of ticking noises when I'm trying to sleep, that "tick, tock, tick, tock...." drives me insane.

The only place I have 'digital' clocks are in my bedroom due to that fact:-d

-Chris
I'm the same way when I'm trying to sleep, but instead of digitals, I ended up buying some Seiko silent sweeps. About $100 spent for two, but I don't know why I didn't think of digitals...

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
WOW! I remember those too....nice find!

Speaking of tick, tock, tick, tock..., this one is loud. Since it drove my wife crazy, I'm not using it anymore though...:-d

- Hiro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts