WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
^ Hey, is that the new Citizen you mentioned and have been patiently waiting to arrive? If so, congratulations (it's really NICE!!!).
Yeah, it took forever, but it really turned out well. I've needed a quartz beater for awhile and this one is great because it requires 0 effort (no date changing, no battery replacements) and I can still wear it to the office, so it really does everything.

·
Premium Member
7,977 Posts
Toss up. Between my:

Hamilton Khaki Multi-touch

And my ASP Commander II

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
^ Excellent to hear, and so very happy for you! It's really nice, and thanks for sharing: wear it in good health, Citizen (and congratulations once again!).

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
74 Posts
Greetings!
Got away from quartz a number of years back, but recently found myself the new owner of a used Tag Heuer Formula 1 with a black face/titanium bezel, and have been very pleased with it's comfort and lack of needed attention. Am thinking I might have to add a few more quartz's to my watch box!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
PRC200 - Beater 1 (own, not my photo)

tissot.png

Beater 2 - Wenger Commando City Dual Time, I really like the pinstripe in the dial. (own, not my photo)

Future Beater #3: Victorinox Classic Chrono Grey Dial (do not own yet)

Reactions: N.Caffrey

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm actually slowly selling off all my quartz watches and replacing them with automatics. One will stay :

Reactions: N.Caffrey

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I actually favour hand-wind watches rather than automatic, although I have a fair few automatics and also a few quartz. It is interesting to know that the manufacturers I focus on often make quartz versions of their own mechanicals and I find that quite appealing. Example: two dress watches by Raketa, the one on the right is the mechanical and the left is quartz but branded Sekonda for sale in the UK.

559541d1321597011-fraternal-twins-raketas-rimg0063.jpg

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was late to embrace quartz watches, but I now have a few that I love with a passion equal to my mechanicals:

Seiko 7T27 'Gen 2', Royal Air Force issue. This example has the MOD stamp on the caseback. Cool. Will also probably get a 'Gen 1' someday, should a tidy one surface.

AA1_0002.jpg
CW C70 'DBR1' with an ETA movement modified with stepping motors to achieve Chronometer certification. Watch techno-geek heaven.
AA1_0001.jpg
I also got a Tawatec simply because I love the multi-colour tritium lume and it's become my favourite beater:
AA1_0023_2.jpg
Finally, the Seiko 5m43 kinetic diver - again because the movement is cool. Rotor power generation with quartz regulation - a kind of hybrid!
AA1_0019.jpg

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Trimming my collection but these are the quartz watches that are staying. They stay because I like them...dial, case, but most importantly the way they look...very fun to wear.

Graf Zeppelin Centennial Anniversary 100 Jahre (7680-1)

I love the dial on this watch. I'm into vintage chronographs and like the way they managed to capture their essence in this dial.

1zep.JPG

Burberry Heritage Collection (BU3000)

Another dial I love. I like the guilloche on the dial and the rose gold case. Probably the watch I own that gets the most looks and compliments from strangers (not kidding...more than any of my Rolex or Omega watches). Another watch that is fun for me to wear.

2bby.JPG

TX World Time Airport Lounge (T3C470)

Once again...another dial I love. I like the world map detail and the rose gold case. I also like the multiple time zone movement (pushers move the hand around the dial and the subdial displays the local time). Again...another watch that I have fun wearing.

3tx.JPG

And a group shot.

4grp.JPG

21 - 40 of 84 Posts