WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
My only quartz - 9 years old - two colour bracelet (that so many hate) - but my favourite and a sentimental keeper (seriously you could offer me x10 its market value if you were a complete nutter and I still wouldn't let it go).

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Riseman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
But my favorite, by far, is my Chase-Durer Special Forces 1000XL UDT.

I believe that's the watch Michael Weston (Jeffrey Donovan) wears on Burn Notice.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My Traser alarm with tritium markers. It's my only quartz watch but I wear it a lot. The alarm function comes in handy.

Sent by Astro on his Droid2 and Tapatalk Pro.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I can't believe no one has mentioned the TUNA. My only quartz, and just happens to be the one I wear everyday. All my autos are jealous. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
sbcz005-3001.JPG

My only quartz (kinetic) is a Seiko Grey Ghost (pic by Chino). I like it cause it stays charged and ready to go at all times, use it to set my other watches to (its a few sec per month), and its titanium. I basically wear it as my beater for working out, yard work, beach, etc. It's also the most comfy to wear of all my watches.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
My current fav is an Aqua Terra.

I plan to add a Grand Seiko Quartz some time this year and, I'm hoping, it will be my new fav. :)

I'm finding myself more and more attracted to the accuracy and grab-n-go nature. Nice to have both a high quality (not necessarily HEQ) quartz and autos in the collection.

·
Registered
842 Posts
This one!

I love my autos, but I can honestly say that I have not found one auto GMT that REALLY works for me.....yes, they keep two time zones, but I always find myself calculating the conversion from 24hr time, or end up having a problem with the 1/2 hour time zone in India.

This is a replacement for my Breitling B-1, for about half the cost!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
My Bulova Precisionist serves me well. A HAQ watch for the price of a quality quartz watch!

Now, if only Citizen would combine this tech with the Eco-Drive ...

Reactions: dunl12496j

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Of the two quartz watches that I have left, (both Tissot, coincidentally) this one gets out the most.

It's just cool to actuate the functions and see the hands move around! :-d

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, the timing bezel on this ASP Commander is very pleasing. I don't normally dig timing bezels but the old-fashioned-ness of the font works for me.

Unfortunately, the watch company's logo font is reminiscent of a petroleum association logo created in 1971 and never updated. Kind of spoils the elan of the bezel font.

Still, on the whole a very pleasant chronograph (this coming from someone who is super picky about chronographs).

And my ASP Commander II

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
I actually really like the look of that watch. More interesting for than the Seamaster. Wonder where I could find one...
They do come up on the used forums now and then. I almost bought one a couple of times, but it's only 38mm.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I can't believe no one has mentioned the TUNA. My only quartz, and just happens to be the one I wear everyday. All my autos are jealous. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
If I could only afford it then it would be "the one" for me.

Tony

61 - 80 of 84 Posts