WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
We speculate they might change the price, sure. But the 4R36 is reportedly a less expensive version of the 7S26 with the stem connected to wind the mainspring. I say less expensive as those who have seen the movement in other watches report the parts are a bit less glam looking, which wasn't the 7S's strong point anyway.

And most of those earlier watches are in the Sport line, which aren't price gougers. It does remain to be seen, tho. As for accuracy, those who take the time to say mention that most of the time, they could get COSC accuracy out of it with some work. Some couldn't, about par for a mass produced robotic assembled movement. Like Detroit, I haven't found the Outlet Mall store for the seconds, I expect everything that rolls off the line ships. You take your chances, and by golly, you can send it back. The Customer is Always Right.

Ugly? Ok, not dressy. It's a tool watch, not a "I'm wearing this to appear as if I have money and discretion." watch. While some might suggest only a tool would wear it, the watch does exactly what it's supposed to do, and likely more effectively - tell the time. And, make a few sales. Seiko's betting it will.

Set the search engines up and let's see who's selling the first ones. Then we'll see who can post up a review.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I really like the idea of a handwound capable movement as long as it is as good (both durable and accurate) as the 7S26. I could care less about how it looks as I have dont have exhibition case backs in my PMMM (SKX171), Monster or Stargate.

I am definitely holding off my Seiko purchases until I start seeing more ISO divers with the 4R36 (and 4R37) movements. And I can tell you that I'm getting that new black monster pronto!

·
Registered
678 Posts
There's some info about the release? They didnt ruined it , except the PVD one and 315 :)))
I'm really curious about the price,if is worth to change my OM with the upgraded one.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
If I'm getting another monster, it's a shrouded one. I like my BM and it doesn't get a ton of wrist time as it is. If I didn't have my BM I'd think of getting one, hand-wind is a nice touch, but I'll keep my one Monster and not fret to much about getting The Sequel.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
We speculate they might change the price, sure. But the 4R36 is reportedly a less expensive version of the 7S26 with the stem connected to wind the mainspring. I say less expensive as those who have seen the movement in other watches report the parts are a bit less glam looking, which wasn't the 7S's strong point anyway.
Here on the streets of Osaka, I'm seeing Seiko5 models with the 4R36 running around $300 USD and they've been moved from the Seiko5 racks to the glass case next to the "real" Seikos like the SARB. That's with no ISO divers in the lineup yet that I've seen. I'll go hunting this weekend and report back, but I suspect you're going to be looking at a $400 Monster now.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Perhaps an upgraded SKX007 is not far behind? :p
Or put the new movement in the Monsters and use up the old movements in the old 007 and 009s? People buying 007 "obviously" don't want the "new", so let them have "old"? I want a 007, but not for $400.

·
Registered
813 Posts
tirod,

Thanks for the info on the 4r36 vs. the 7s26. The hacking and hand-winding of the 4r36 are welcome changes from the 7s26.

Does anyone know if +/- timekeeping adjustments are made in the same way on both movements? I have an Orange Monster and an SKX-077 and while I have them running to within a few seconds per day, it took me many tries to get them to this level. Of course, I'm simply moving the little lever one way or the other, which by no means constitutes a full regulation of this movement, as I learned from Jake B when I bought a Tsunami from him (great watch, by the way, with a 6r15 movement).

John

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
No loss no gain

Good reason something like this doesn't make Basel

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Fail before fail after........

Many reasons something like this would not make Basel. Given the highlights of their line they also have some forgettable pieces.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The sharks teeth at 6, 9, and 12 look good, but they should have used round dots for the rest of the indexes. Now, if that really is the watch that will be produced, I think Seiko should offer it with an optional shark mesh bracelet.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry, a bit late to the game. Haven't been following Seiko news since after the New Year. Aside from a couple more color schemes, looks like they popped in a new dial and new movement in the same case. Lug width (20mm), bezel, bracelet, and hands all look the same (to me). The only thing unsure about is the new and higher price tag. Judging from pictures taken by buyers of the new rubber Tunas, there will be a lot of bezel swappers and buyers of two or more of the new Monsters. Smart business from Seiko: milk the old cash cow (I'm referring to the old Monster).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I would buy the Rubber Tuna before I'd buy this new Monster. The 7s26 has been good enough for me, and I prefer the old dial.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts