WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Very tempting offer DOXA. Have you guys considered a summer deal on the 800Ti series?

Hi:

Been lurking on this forum for quite sometime. I've always found the look and history of Doxa of interest. This sale pushed me over the limit -ordered a 1000T - wanted the rice style bracelet on Monday just got the notice from FedEX - it already shipped yesterday - so far - that was some quick service and the price just can't be beat. Also like the up-beat friendly vibe of the this forum!

Cheers All!

A very good deal, I must say. I wish I knew more about Doxa now, but after browsing thru the site, I couldn't find out a few things and I'm looking to be more educated.

Is there any information on how many layers of superluminova is applied on the indices and hands on either the 1000T or 5000T - can someone educate me on that?

Also, on the 800Ti - are the tritium tubes used T25mc or T100mc? Sorry in advance if of these were discussed before.

And lastly, what is the case thickness of the 1000T compared to the 15mm for the 5000T - I'm assuming with the He escape valve on the 5000T case that the 1000T would not be as thick, no?

Love the look, and thanks in advance!

Grrrrr! I paid only a couple hundred less for my used 600T Cussler edition, and that was about 2 yrs ago!!
;-) If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure there are those who paid more than this for used examples of these same models... But just because a good deal comes along doesn't mean those who bought in the past have done poorly.

Besides, if your 600T has Dirk Pitt on the dial, that is a pretty rare watch indeed!

;-) If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure there are those who paid more than this for used examples of these same models... But just because a good deal comes along doesn't mean those who bought in the past have done poorly.

Besides, if your 600T has Dirk Pitt on the dial, that is a pretty rare watch indeed!
No, it doesn't have Dirk Pitt on the dial. It's engraved Clive Cussler Limited Edition around the back. I forgot what # mine is, it's home on the winder now.

Nice offer, but i only say the bad three letters: VAT. :(
Yeah, very nice offer, but a poor exchange rate and VAT is a killer for us in the UK.

Saying that, I do have a 5000 bought whan the exchange rate was much better and one of the Ladies 200's on order.

Next on the list is an 800Ti - will just have to bide my time ....... :p

No, it doesn't have Dirk Pitt on the dial. It's engraved Clive Cussler Limited Edition around the back. I forgot what # mine is, it's home on the winder now.
Oops! :oops: You said Clive Cussler, and for some reason I thought Dirk Pitt :-d. Either way, still a rare watch (to be honest, all modern Doxa SUBs are rather rare when you look at total production numbers). And one a lot of people think is the closest to the vintage SUB they've made so far.

Any way you slice it, I'd say it's still a winner!

Yeah, very nice offer, but a poor exchange rate and VAT is a killer for us in the UK.

Saying that, I do have a 5000 bought whan the exchange rate was much better and one of the Ladies 200's on order.

Next on the list is an 800Ti - will just have to bide my time ....... :p
I understand the frustration on the VAT. The exchange rate, while not as favorable for Britts as it was some months back, is about what I'd consider "average".

I remember between one and two years ago, the American Dollar was at a (for that time) many year low, and the Australian Dollar had skyrocketed to new heights not seen in years. And an Aussie on here lamenting that if the exchange rate would just get a bit more favorable that he'd pick up a Doxa. I'd say he missed the boat (the USD came up a bit for a little while, and the Aussie Dollar dropped quite a bit from it's then high).

But in the case of GB, I do understand waiting to see if an exchange rate will improve with it at it's current state. Of course, it could always go the other way too...

I understand the frustration on the VAT. The exchange rate, while not as favorable for Britts as it was some months back, is about what I'd consider "average".

I remember between one and two years ago, the American Dollar was at a (for that time) many year low, and the Australian Dollar had skyrocketed to new heights not seen in years. And an Aussie on here lamenting that if the exchange rate would just get a bit more favorable that he'd pick up a Doxa. I'd say he missed the boat (the USD came up a bit for a little while, and the Aussie Dollar dropped quite a bit from it's then high).

But in the case of GB, I do understand waiting to see if an exchange rate will improve with it at it's current state. Of course, it could always go the other way too...
Some good advice there, thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!

The tritium tubes of the 800Ti are 25mCi tubes (answer found in this thread here, along with a LOT of other info on this great watch.

I don't know on the layers of SL for either the 1000T or the 5000T. What I can tell you is that the 5000T is the newer release of the two, and the lume is said to be quite strong (was a priority by many in a poll conducted here, so Doxa designers paid special attention to see they got the lume far above average on this watch). You might try contacting Doxa directly with this question, they may be able to help you (though I could have missed it, I don't recall the number of layers of SL being discussed here in the past- of course then thickness of layers may come into play too?).

Don't have an answer on case thickness (the number you quote for the 5000T is I think actually overall thickness including the bezel, yes?). The overall thickness of the 1000T is in a thread here somewhere, or on the Doc's wonderful Doxa 300 site (linked in 'Reviews" Sub Forum above the main index here). I'll try and have a look through to find that in a little while. Or, if you prefer you could give the search function a try also ;-).

Meanwhile, have a look around, and enjoy your stay here on the Doxa Forum :-!.

And I found it... as I'd suspected, the 1000T is also 15mm thick. Rather taller than it's similar sized predecessors of the 600T and the original 300T, this is due mostly to the thicker bezel and thickened case back of the 1000T. Gives it a nice chunky look IMHO.

You might find this thread an interesting read (this one is on the 1000T COSC, but covers some generic 1000T info also- there are many here on the 1000T as well as the 5000T). Also, you'll definitely want to have a look at the Doc's site I mentioned above (here is a review of the 1000T with a table that answers the thickness question). "The Doc." is our own Dr. Peter Millar, renowned Doxa SUB expert, historian, author and "fan boy" :-d (his words ;-)). He's a good friend to many of us as well (and a very enjoyable dive buddy :-!).

You guys make it tough to resist! I've been looking at getting a Doxa for a few months now a finding this deal pushed me over the edge. SUB 1000T on the way... can't wait!b-)
Congrats!:-! Which one did you get?

This is a very tempting offer........... trying hard to resist the call of the 1000T Diving Star :think:

But only have a couple of days left to decide as I'm off to Egypt diving for a week (the 750T Pro will be with me ;-)) - and with the current work situation (survived 2 rounds of redundancies and taken a paycut......:-(), could also do with shifting a couple of 'safe queens' that aren't getting any wrist time.

But god this is really tempting :p

Hi All - again new to forum - ordered last Monday and picked it up On Thurs - WOW - I am a very happy new DOXA owner - been looking at them for a couple of months - I like the size - at first it looked a little small - but after wearing a few days, I am really happy - the Bracelet rocks and was very easy to fit (screw and provided tool - note to DOXA - tool came loose while shipping suggest wrap in plastic - it was near the watch) - Keeping very good time to date and looks and wears great!! Of course went with 1000T Pro - as my first DOXA -Thanks for this great offer!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.