WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

361 - 380 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,811 Posts
the greatest watch ever should be able to transcend all subjectivity and must clearly be superior in all facets.
The minute that Casio comes out with a G-Shock that has perlage on its quartz canister and black-polished anglage on the edges of the frame around its LCD, then it's game over, man

·
Premium Member
17,893 Posts
that’s not a test of determining which is better. That’s a test of who is stupid enough to drop their watch 20 feet in hopes of proving a stranger on the internet wrong.
You made a claim of "better." If you're not willing to back up your words with an actual test, you're just another internet troll shooting his mouth off.

mind you you’re the one who made the claimof the 20 foot drop. I suggested you prove it.
I’d rather make the claim than to be stupid enough to drop my watch 20 feet
Excuses, excuses... Pony up, big man.

now it’s “maybe” a post or two ago you were certain they would go with the crash test.
Wow, read comprehension is not your long suit, eh?

Allow me to quote myself: (Bolded to help you out...)

When a family is looking for a new car, ask them if crash-worthiness is an important consideration; it may not be the top but it certainly won't be the bottom.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. If they don't, then we're talking about Darwinism at work. Not my kids in their car.

Reactions: Mr.Jones82

·
Registered
517 Posts
It's a long conversation but in short, Rolex is really perfect even at grey prices. but the quality of AP bracelet's, ALS' dial finishing and finesse, and VCs movement decorations and materials used aren't gonna be matched by Rolex, which is fine.

Both have separate customers, or sometimes the same customer, that would have different needs for the different watches.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
You made a claim of "better." If you're not willing to back up your words with an actual test, you're just another internet troll shooting his mouth off.
hey genius. I’m the troll? Your suggestions of throwing watches 20 feet is what then? You shot your mouth off about throwing a Rolex 20
Feet. Go ahead throw it tough guy. Since that’s your test of how great movements are 😂 let
Guess car engines quality is based off of you can take sledgehammer to it 😂

Excuses, excuses... Pony up, big man
go ahead throw your Rollie. I’m waiting 😂 make sure you have video evidence little man. Or is your excuse still waiting on me to throw my AP?

Wow, read comprehension is not your long suit, eh?
😂 the nerve. After you jump in the middle of a convo don’t read anything and just respond to statements in a vacuum with no context.Eat a snickers, you suggest stupid tests for movements when you’re hungry

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It's a long conversation but in short, Rolex is really perfect even at grey prices. but the quality of AP bracelet's, ALS' dial finishing and finesse, and VCs movement decorations and materials used aren't gonna be matched by Rolex, which is fine.

Both have separate customers, or sometimes the same customer, that would have different needs for the different watches.
Well said!

·
Premium Member
17,893 Posts
hey genius. You shot your mouth off about throwing a Rolex 20
Feet. Go ahead throw it tough guy. Since that’s your test of how great movements are 😂 let
Guess car engines quality is based off of you can take sledgehammer to it 😂
go ahead throw your Rollie. I’m waiting 😂 make sure you have video evidence little man. Or is your excuse still waiting on me to throw my AP?
Wow, you really don't get it. YOU made a claim of a better movement. One of the characteristics of "better" is to survive tough use; otherwise it's hockey puck on your wrist. So I asked you to back up your claim. You asked me to put up my Rolex. Done, so long as you put up your AP et al. Simple. Just back up your words, big guy. Just calling you out is all.

Resorting to name-calling is also the last refuge of a guy losing an argument. Just saying.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
Man, we are 19 pages deep on arguments. I was simply venting frustration on my three year journey to getting a watch to celebrate my marriage, graduation, new house, etc. I've put up with a lot over 4 years, and eyed an Explorer II as a gift to myself. Alas, COVID19 came through and wrecked a lot, for a lot of people much worse than me, but it also changed what once was, "We can get you one in a week," to "There are other clients. We will be in touch when we HAVE ONE FOR YOU."

There are multiple camps, either Rolex is God and can do what they want. Or, Rolex is BS and I can't believe their business practices. And some are somewhere in the middle.

Honestly, most people here can afford $15K for an MSRP $8K watch. Some can't and need an $8K MSRP watch to be $8K. Most own more than one brand, while some don't. Some want to try it on before they buy it. Some want the dealer experience. Some don't care.

The honest truth is that most people here would just like to be able to walk in and buy the watch they want without jumping through hoops like its the rights to a first born. Status symbol or not, I don't think anybody is happy with where the Rolex market is, except those hoping for ROI.

I'll post another thread 1 year from now (or sooner assuming I get a watch) and chronicle my journey with either happiness or defeat. Until then, can we lock the thread?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Wow, you really don't get it. YOU made a claim of a better movement. One of the characteristics of "better" is to survive tough use; otherwise it's hockey puck on your wrist. So I asked you to back up your claim. You asked me to put up my Rolex. Done, so long as you put up your AP et al. Simple. Just back up your words, big guy. Just calling you out is all.

Resorting to name-calling is also the last refuge of a guy losing an argument. Just saying.
who is name calling?

I said the test was stupid. I didn’t say you were stupid. You questioned my reading comprehension... We’re you “winning” the argument when you resorted to that? 🤔

I don’t agree that throwing a watxh 20 feet onto a tile floor says anything about a movement. I don’t think I have ever dropped any watch I’ve owned. I’m not careful but I’m not careless either.

The test was YOUR claim. YOUR scenario. So throw the Rolex backup YOUR claim... which will in turn back up my claim that it is a stupid way to test the movement.

Im waiting

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
The honest truth is that most people here would just like to be able to walk in and buy the watch they want without jumping through hoops like its the rights to a first born. Status symbol or not, I don't think anybody is happy with where the Rolex market is
You don't understand the Rolex enthusiast or the Rolex market if you honestly believe that.

It has never been easier to get any Rolex you want, immediately, professionally, and safely. We are thrilled where the market is right now. Because AD's give watches only to VIP's, and because the VIP's are incented to flip their watches to grey dealers, the most worthy enthusiasts have the fast track to getting their Daytona's and Pepsi's. And, as an added bonus, our existing collections are worth 2x or 3x what they were before this situation started.

I'll post another thread 1 year from now and chronicle my journey Until then, can we lock the thread?
No. This thread doesn't concern you. And no one is interested in anyone's "journey". These watches are easily available. Just buy one. The only "journey" is your hand reaching in your pocket and grabbing a credit card, takes about 20 seconds.

·
Premium Member
17,893 Posts
who is name calling?
Does tough guy, little man or genius ring a bell? Yes, I'm sensitive.

I said the test was stupid. I didn’t say you were stupid. You questioned my reading comprehension... We’re you “winning” the argument when you resorted to that? 🤔
You mean resorted by proving that I said nothing of the sort that you claimed? OK, yeah, I'll cop to that.

II don’t agree that throwing a watxh 20 feet onto a tile floor says anything about a movement. I don’t think I have ever dropped any watch I’ve owned. I’m not careful but I’m not careless either.

The test was YOUR claim. YOUR scenario. So throw the Rolex backup YOUR claim... which will in turn back up my claim that it is a stupid way to test the movement.

Im waiting
And you will keep waiting until you pony up your end to back up YOUR assertion that one movement is better than another. I'm willing to donate a Rolex to this worthy cause. You willing to back up your words? No, I don't think so.

Just hate being called out, eh?

·
Premium Member
17,893 Posts
Does tough guy or genius ring a bell? Yes, I'm sensitive.

You mean resorted by proving that I said nothing of the sort that you claimed? OK, yeah, I'll cop to that.

And you will keep waiting until you pony up your end to back up YOUR assertion that one movement is better than another. I'm willing to donate a Rolex to this worthy cause. You willing to back up your words? No, I don't think so.

And on that high note, I'll leave you kiddies be.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Does tough guy or genius ring a bell?
Does “big man”? Yes you are sensitive

I’ll keep waiting cuz youre full of hot air. Throw the Rolex! Show all these strangers on the internet that launching a watch off your roof is proof it’s the best movement ever!

IJust hate being called out, eh?
😂 I called you out. You got punked and tried to spin it. Waiting for you to throw your Rolex. You’re just pissed that you’re getting 💩 shoveled right back at you.
Cant take it eh?

361 - 380 of 728 Posts