WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into my local AD and couldn't resist trying on a 114060 Submariner ceramic no-date!

Loved the new bracelet, micro-adjustment is amazing and its crazy that every $2000+ watch doesn't come with this feature. Beautiful classic dial, and am a fan of the Mercedes hands and maxi dial. Did not totally like how "shinny" the non-AR coated crystal and bezel reflected light. What do you guys think? Too similar to my SMP GMT?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I'm sorry but you are so screwed now….. once you get it in your head it won't leave….. you may buy something else but will still be thinking about it….. its just a matter of time

Its an all around amazing watch, just go for it and don't look back

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Yup, other than your SMP being a diving watch, the Rolex is a different animal.
It looks good on you and if you have the Rolex bug, you won't be happy without one.

Aside from the fact that they both have rotating bezels and dot markers, there are no other similarities. Oh, wait, they're both automatic watches. Congrats!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It's a classic. If you like it, you cannot go wrong with that one. Resale is very solid if you do ever tire of it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Meh. Rolex. If someone held a gun to my head and said I had to have a Rolex, it would be that one. A classic icon. The Brooks Brothers blazer of dive watches. No one can speak poorly of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: basculante

·
Registered
119 Posts
Once you go rolex, you can't go back.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Once you go rolex, you can't go back.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Not true ^ as I started with a 1983 Rolex Submariner and now I have a 2009 Speedmaster Planet Ocean (cal 2500) and a 2013 Speedmaster Pro Chronograph (cal 1164). I love them all. I wanted to make a better 1st post than that, but it will have to do. ;-)

(I don't have pics of the new Chrono yet)

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_3141.JPG

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Welcome, Larry! You'll find that many members on this Omega forum own Rolexes as well. I'm not among them yet because I'm chasing a 5513. And I'm poor.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that if somebody is truly into wristwatches, they'll like anything from a hundred dollar Seiko 5 to a twenty-thousand dollar Patek-Philippe Calatrava.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Dear Forum,
The Sub is a watch I want but as many times as I go try it on I leave it in the store, there's nothing there at all, I just don't feel it.
What's wrong with me?
Confused of Yorkshire. :-(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Dear Forum,
The Sub is a watch I want but as many times as I go try it on I leave it in the store, there's nothing there at all, I just don't feel it.
What's wrong with me?
Same as Muddy but:

I have owned one (two actually), sold them both and have no desire to go back.
I'm not confused about it.
I'm not from Yorkshire.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
The SS Sub may be too pedestrian for you. Rolex sickness really takes hold with precious metal. Perhaps try on a TT or 18k or other models. The SS Sub is a gateway Rolex.

Dear Forum,
What's wrong with me?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The SS Sub may be too pedestrian for you. Rolex sickness really takes hold with precious metal. Perhaps try on a TT or 18k or other models. The SS Sub is a gateway Rolex.
You may be right, it's just a bit, well, dull. I may just stay away for a while and reflect on my inability to bond with the thing.
Another reason I do know about is the overly square case.

download.jpg

I much prefer the sleek older case, but I want that new bracelet....

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
As good as the SS Sub is, it is way over exposed and more common than most any other watch except maybe a GShock. I know this bothers many considering how much you pay for one these days, and for the price, one expects a little more exclusivity.

You may be right, it's just a bit, well, dull. I may just stay away for a while and reflect on my inability to bond with the thing.
Another reason I do know about is the overly square case.

View attachment 1500686

I much prefer the sleek older case, but I want that new bracelet....

·
Registered
568 Posts
As good as the SS Sub is, it is way over exposed and more common than most any other watch except maybe a GShock. I know this bothers many considering how much you pay for one these days, and for the price, one expects a little more exclusivity.
That's true, and why when I do get a Rolex it will be an Explorer II

But it will be a while before that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts