WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
As I noted before, I'm partial to the 1450, but you all have peaked my interest in the new contemporary flat link bracelet.

As to the milled clasp on the lighter 1450 bracelet, if I'm honest, I think the newer clasp looks a bit too heavy on it. I wonder if it would also feel heavy, because the JB1450 bracelet itself is very light.

That's probably the reason why the new contemporary flat link bracelet got heftier links made for it. In other words, the clasp and links look and feel complement each other.

Of course, I could be wrong. I'll have to get the new contemporary flat link version to be sure... :)
Yes, I think the thicker links work better with the milled clasp and makes for a more cohesive feel (as opposed to the thinner links of the Vintage). Watched a few more Ed White Speedy videos yesterday and the Contemporary looks pretty close! I think the goal was to mimic that.

I’m curious however as to how much flex there is on a modern Omega Flat Link bracelet. If anyone wants to chime in? I’m curious to see if it compares or if there’s a big difference there.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Thanks for this thread, very informative. I bought the 1450 version for pre-18 Seamasters recently to use on my AT. As soon as I opened and handled it I knew it wasn't going to be for me, especially not on a modern Aqua Terra. It felt way too flimsy and light for my liking, and too vintage for the AT. So it's on its way back. I think I am going to order the flatlink all brushed instead and try that, and that was Forstner's suggestion based on my feedback. Apparently the flatlink is everything the 1450 isn't.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone made a video of this new clasp and/or contemporary bracelet ? I'm curious to see the new clasp in action. How's the push buttons and how does the micro adjust work? I'm assuming it's just a pin and hole system you need to use a tool to adjust right? Thanks so much for the information.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Cool (y)

I also enjoy the original bracelet that came on my reference 3571.50 (the bracelet with pins instead of screw caps/pins).

So far, I like the slightly stronger taper of the Forstner bracelet, and I appreciate that it has the same weight and solid, robust construction as the Omega bracelet.

My Forstner Contemporary Flat Link has been on my Speedmaster Pro for a week now, and I don't feel any urge to swap back to the Omega bracelet yet. I imagine I'll still use the Omega bracelet for a change-up some day in the future because I like it, but this new Forstner is shaping up to be a keeper that will get its fair share of wrist time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love Forestner bracelets. I have the beads of rice on my JLC Reverso GMT and the comfi mesh for some vintage chronograph. I actually prefer the pressed metal clasp, lighter and more vintage looking. Milled clasps add so much unnecessary weight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reviews and photos! I'm looking forward to my forstner order too! Anyone experience the links folding over each other and getting "locked" into place?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got a Seamaster 300 and looking for a slightly less hefty bracelet option, could someone who has the contemporary weigh it for me? The Seamaster bracelet comes in at 100g, so if the contemporary is a good bit less then I'm sold!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just got a Seamaster 300 and looking for a slightly less hefty bracelet option, could someone who has the contemporary weigh it for me? The Seamaster bracelet comes in at 100g, so if the contemporary is a good bit less then I'm sold!
Mine is mounted at the moment, but I'm noodling a swap to my black crocodile strap this evening, so if I get around to doing a swap then I'll weigh my bracelet and come back here with the answer.

My Contemporary Flat Link has been on my Speedmaster Pro since the day the bracelet arrived, but my Omega strap and clasp are calling to me... Love wearing my Speedmaster this way!:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts