WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Ferguson is to be avoided....
I suggested him on another thread, seemed like a nice guy on the phone, good at self promotion, too.

He had the one of the Fortis alarm watches that I wanted (I believe the only one in the US), and I didn't want to go gray market so that I would have customer service as necessary.
I discussed with him that I was worried I might not like it, and he said, "I have a 3 day return policy". He said he wanted to size the watch for me because it was tricky to do. I sent him my wrist measurements, paid him, and received the watch 2d later.
When I tried it on, I knew immediately it wasn't going to work for me. It reminded me of an Omega 125 in it's bulk. It was giving me carpal tunnel symptoms within about 15 min. (I don't have carpal tunnel synd). I am cursed with spindly wrists,
I had looked at the measurements before buying it, and it's just about the same size as my Sinn diapal 757, which I love, and is very comfortable. The Fortis just felt like a brick on my wrist.

I called Gary within a half hour of getting the watch and told him it wasn't going to work. He convinced me to give it a try, said, "wear it for the weekend and see how it does". I wore it for about 2 hrs, and became sure that it just hurt. I tried calling him back, but he was closed (I'm on the west coast). So I drove over to the post office and mailed it back the same day (Friday)

I called today, Wednesday, to see if he'd received it. He said no, and that there were no returns anyway. I reminded him that he'd told me there was a 3 day return policy, which he now said is only for ebay items (I'd had no interaction with him except on the phone). He also said he couldn't take it back because the band size had been changed, so it was now a used watch.

Our discussion went nowhere, and I finally told him I'd take it up with Visa and hung up on him. clown.

After my recommendation of him, I saw a couple of replies to my comment saying he was no good. Wish I'd seen those earlier.
Anyone wanna buy a watch?

· Registered
849 Posts
God - that sucks.
If I don't get it in writing, I don't do it.
Sorry - and I hope you get it sorted.
Good to post here to keep others from giving this fool business.

Good luck

· Registered
1,289 Posts
I can say I had the complete opposite experience with Gary, he was extremely helpful with my purchase.

I bought the LE Mars watch from him at a heavily discounted price and he allowed me to pay it in installments. He answered every email I sent promptly and shipped the watch to me in Australia free of charge with full international warranty.

Couldn't be happier with the service.

· Registered
849 Posts
Interesting.
Two completely opposite experiences.
I play things safe and would still keep away.
No offense to those who have had good luck, but it's a lot of cash for these watches...

· Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,818 Posts
I know Gary and just emailed him in regards to this.
He has always been a stand up guy as far as I have ever seen and hopefully
he will resolve this issue with you.
good luck and keep us posted.
-Steve

· Premium Member
11,206 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sorry slb but the two cases are not parallel. In one, the buyer got great service but was happy and did not ask for a return. In the other, the buyer got great service UP UNTIL he wanted to return the item.

In my experience, its how you handle the unsatisfied customer that defines your CS - not simply how you do with the initial sale and a happy customer.

I certainly hope it turns out well.

· Registered
849 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sorry slb but the two cases are not parallel. In one, the buyer got great service but was happy and did not ask for a return. In the other, the buyer got great service UP UNTIL he wanted to return the item.

In my experience, its how you handle the unsatisfied customer that defines your CS - not simply how you do with the initial sale and a happy customer.

I certainly hope it turns out well.
I don't think I'm arguing otherwise.

· Premium Member
11,206 Posts
:-! Doing well, thanks! You?
First day back at work after the flu. Glad to be on the mend.

How is that Gator Fortis of yours anyway;-)

· Registered
849 Posts
The Fortee triplets are great!
I hope to take some new pix of them this weekend with the new camera my wife got.
My photo skills need some fine-tuning :)

· Premium Member
11,206 Posts
The Fortee triplets are great!
I hope to take some new pix of them this weekend with the new camera my wife got.
My photo skills need some fine-tuning :)
I look forward to seeing the results.:-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.