WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can buy a Fortis B-42 Official Cosmonauts Chronograph from a kind of ebay website. It is without papers or original box. Is it possible it is a fake? Are there any replica Fortis watches on the market because i am afraid that for the price asked for that kind of watch it has to be a fake.

·
Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,835 Posts
post the link to the watch and I'll check it!
there are some Fortis replicas popping up now but they are pretty horrible so I wouldn't even glorify the efforts take to make such a watch... I'd call those knock-offs as the quality is terrible.

see the attached file!!!

I can buy a Fortis B-42 Official Cosmonauts Chronograph from a kind of ebay website. It is without papers or original box. Is it possible it is a fake? Are there any replica Fortis watches on the market because i am afraid that for the price asked for that kind of watch it has to be a fake.

Attachments

·
Moderator Fortis Forum
1,229 Posts
Wow Steve, those are hideous. Hope the fakes always stay that obvious but with advancing technology it seems like they probably won't...

post the link to the watch and I'll check it!
there are some Fortis replicas popping up now but they are pretty horrible so I wouldn't even glorify the efforts take to make such a watch... I'd call those knock-offs as the quality is terrible.

see the attached file!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found this one ....
Real or Fake ....

it looks real to me .....what do you think ??

·
Registered
493 Posts
There's nothing that would make me question that one :-!

Fortis fakes are not at the level of some of the Rolex or Omega's. There are always a few areas where the fake factories haven't bothered to make exact duplicate parts.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's real. You should check out the Fortis website about the subject as Cuckoo4watches already mentioned.

Link

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi there, another important thing to take account is something as easy as the movement. As far as I know, sicnce Fortis is not such a popular brand as Rolex or Omega, for instance, the Fortis replicas doesn´t have (yet) automatic mechanical movements. They are all quartz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts