WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a beautiful Fortis B-42 with blue bezel and (slightly off-) white face. I have some questions. Does anyone know why certain B-42s are rated at 20 ATMs and others at 20 BAR? Is there any actual performance difference? Aside from the hands (mine are skeleton and most seem to be standard white hands on the black face) and the number of notches in the bezel, is there any other cosmetic difference? (Oh, and the exhibition vs. ss back). Maybe I am just noticing different designs from different years. I read some posts about the crown problems, but I am still a bit confused. Are some new B-42s being sold with the screw-in crown and some with the push-pull? Or are all B-42s now the push-pull? Even the marine-master B-42s? Penultimately, are all B-42s either marine-master or cosmonout? Or are there "just plain" B-42s? Mine is the 640.10.141, and I cant figure out what kind of B-42 it is. Finally, does Fortis make any push-button deployant stainless bands/bracelets for the B-42? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a "real branded" bracelet that would fit the B-42? Thanks for any replies. And kudos to ACS4824 (Leed24) for a great and reliable deal! Prompt communications and quick ship. What more could a buyer ask?

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I just bought a beautiful Fortis B-42 with blue bezel and (slightly off-) white face. I have some questions. Does anyone know why certain B-42s are rated at 20 ATMs and others at 20 BAR? Is there any actual performance difference? Aside from the hands (mine are skeleton and most seem to be standard white hands on the black face) and the number of notches in the bezel, is there any other cosmetic difference? (Oh, and the exhibition vs. ss back). Maybe I am just noticing different designs from different years. I read some posts about the crown problems, but I am still a bit confused. Are some new B-42s being sold with the screw-in crown and some with the push-pull? Or are all B-42s now the push-pull? Even the marine-master B-42s? Penultimately, are all B-42s either marine-master or cosmonout? Or are there "just plain" B-42s? Mine is the 640.10.141, and I cant figure out what kind of B-42 it is. Finally, does Fortis make any push-button deployant stainless bands/bracelets for the B-42? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a "real branded" bracelet that would fit the B-42? Thanks for any replies. And kudos to ACS4824 (Leed24) for a great and reliable deal! Prompt communications and quick ship. What more could a buyer ask?
20 BAR = 20 ATM

Fortis is known for having push-pull crowns on their 20ATM chronos that work (despite many believing falsely that screw in crowns improve WR, they don't they're just more safe from accidental engagement). There was an article 3-4 years about about WR in 7750 chronos and the author was astounded that the push-pull crown on the Fortis worked better than many of the screw in ones he assumed would be better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts