WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i was wondering if I should buy this FORTIS for 130 euros.
The behind serial says 595.18 158 but I cannot find one like this, with the seconds hand white and not orange as the others have.
That's why i'm wondering if ain't a fake one, even if I have never seen a FAKE fortis.
It must be serviced since it doesn't run always, but as I know it have a common eta movement so won't be that hard at all to service it.
Schermata 2018-12-04 alle 10.59.52.jpg Schermata 2018-12-04 alle 10.59.38.jpg Schermata 2018-12-04 alle 10.59.58.jpg Schermata 2018-12-04 alle 10.59.21.jpg

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I wouldn't. Good chance of it being a fake and servicing will be more expensive than the selling price which puts you upside down financially.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's a little hard to tell necessary detail in these photos, but I'd say it's real (details on caseback look good, which are usually washed out if fake) and, if so, it's worth $150 (130 E) even if running erratically. The second hand could have faded to white with time (I have seen that before), given its age (T on dial means it's probably 20+ years old).

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about a counterfeit, I don't think it looks fake and I've seen ones from that period with white seconds hands. I'd be more concerned about things like service history, original components, and overall condition. If those things seem to add up, I'd go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts