WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forum will be offline for 2-3 hours tomorrow (May 24) starting at 09:30 (GMT+2). During this time the database software will be upgraded.
This outage will likely be of greater concern to our European and Australasian Members but in case you get up real early in eastern North America, or stay up late on the West Coast, be aware of it.

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
Hmm...I suppose I'll have to do something else before work then.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Me too. I usually lie in bed and irritate the WUS members for about 30 minutes before I read the newspapers on the internet...

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
Me too. I usually lie in bed and irritate the WUS members for about 30 minutes before I read the newspapers on the internet...
I generally check it out from bed (I sleep with my laptop on the bedside table) when I don't feel like getting into the shower and going to work, which is near most everyday.

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
Based on the time that many, if not most, posts are made, I'll bet there are a lot of guys posting from work.
cottontop

Reactions: BDH

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Exactly. I post between patients. A quick "drill, fill and bill", then some quality time on WUS.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Well, what else are you going to do at work? Work?
I tend to post often during this 4:00-4:30 EST time from work... right before everyone heads for the exits things slow way down.

·
Banned
637 Posts
GMT +2 ??? Why +2, I wonder - I thought servers were located at +1... timezone from which I would expect the specification to come defaulting an UTC specification: 0830z or something. Just wondering...

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well +1 hour for European time and +1 hour for DST = GMT+2 according to timeanddate.com

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Which European Time?

OT:
I believe that UK is finally realising that they need to change to the Central European time zone (UTC +1)?

That was a major pain living in UK. One hour off the rest of Europe. A pain when we used to go shopping to france a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Netherlands is Central European time as far as I know but add one more hour for summer time.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts

LOL :-d

·
Registered
714 Posts
I generally check it out from bed (I sleep with my laptop on the bedside table) when I don't feel like getting into the shower and going to work, which is near most everyday.
Do you have the BIG CLOCKS on your bedroom walls - - - London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Singapore?
I'm guessing FOREX trader, right?:):-d

·
Registered
20,782 Posts
Angelina Jolie didn't come this time :/

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
Do you have the BIG CLOCKS on your bedroom walls - - - London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Singapore?
I'm guessing FOREX trader, right?:):-d
Haha, I don't, but they do have them at the office! FX trading isn't my specialty, but it could be some day. I do work in asset management.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts