WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
lets hear it for finally getting a full list of emojis
😀😃😄😁😆😅😂🤣

...tho where is the little arrow that takes you to the first unread msg in a thread? 🤔
...also just realised my gif avatar is no longer playing! master ibe is frozen! 😢
There's a button to the right of the thread title that says "Jump to Latest."

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
I'm using Firefox and Russia's Kaspersky and I don't have any ads. There is just wasted space to the right. The BMOC's running this camp really need to have a condensed version instead of having the posts so spread out. It is as if the are taking social distancing to a whole new level. Before, on my laptop, I'd see several comments in a thread, now I see only two or three at a time on the screen.
Rocat, just an fyi, I would recommend avoiding any s/w created in Russia or China. Can't really say more than that, but, it's a good idea.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
I'm using Firefox and Russia's Kaspersky and I don't have any ads. There is just wasted space to the right. The BMOC's running this camp really need to have a condensed version instead of having the posts so spread out. It is as if the are taking social distancing to a whole new level. Before, on my laptop, I'd see several comments in a thread, now I see only two or three at a time on the screen.
I use Firefox with the uBlock Origin extension, and I don't notice any ads.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't know about this. There's just so much wasted space between lines of text. I need to zoom it out to super small size. Updates always say cleaner look but really it's less info in giant pictures to click on like we're 5yr olds that only respond to pictures. And you never know what you're clicking on because they're not links anymore, just some script that launches so much stuff in the background probably collecting and tracking every move.....I'm old. I just like words that tell me what something is not flash, bang giant pictures showing someone's mouth wide open with a surprised look on their face to get you to clock on it. It always amazes me you really only look at about a 50% narrow strip on the screen with either side filled with junk or ads. The weather channel dot com is perfect example. i can barely figure out how to see my local weather hourly detail. And when it shows it there is a small rectangle of info with 80% of the page filled with ads and wasted space. Ok, my rant is over for now. Now off to try out the new site.

Reactions: Dxnnis and Rocat

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quite sure they've made the change to, wait for it ...... 💰 M O N E T I Z E - Y O U 💰
I've already blocked loads of domains, google, facebook and and and; same old same old and the new format wont be as easy to read or use. Actually, it seems just fine, I just block all the ******** they try to shove down your throat.:poop:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't know about this. There's just so much wasted space between lines of text. I need to zoom it out to super small size. Updates always say cleaner look but really it's less info in giant pictures to click on like we're 5yr olds that only respond to pictures. And you never know what you're clicking on because they're not links anymore, just some script that launches so much stuff in the background probably collecting and tracking every move.....I'm old. I just like words that tell me what something is not flash, bang giant pictures showing someone's mouth wide open with a surprised look on their face to get you to clock on it. It always amazes me you really only look at about a 50% narrow strip on the screen with either side filled with junk or ads. The weather channel dot com is perfect example. i can barely figure out how to see my local weather hourly detail. And when it shows it there is a small rectangle of info with 80% of the page filled with ads and wasted space. Ok, my rant is over for now. Now off to try out the new site.
I don't know what browser you are using, but for privacy try Firefox with Ublock Origin as your first extension or add-on. You will eliminate an amazing about of crap from the screen. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
0n my iPad Pro 12.9” , the whole right side of my screen ( easily 25% of the total screen) is just b.s. ads flashing on and off. Really looks like crap, is terribly annoying and cheapens the whole forum tremendously. I feel I am absolutely forced to either pay the $20 or just give up the forum. Somebody in the know, Bo or one of the Moderators, please give us all a straight answer : does paying the $20 remove all the ads, most of the ads, some of the ads, or a few of the ads? Thank You in Advance for a Timely Response, judg69

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
0n my iPad Pro 12.9” , the whole right side of my screen ( easily 25% of the total screen) is just b.s. ads flashing on and off. Really looks like crap, is terribly annoying and cheapens the whole forum tremendously. I feel I am absolutely forced to either pay the $20 or just give up the forum. Somebody in the know, Bo or one of the Moderators, please give us all a straight answer : does paying the $20 remove all the ads, most of the ads, some of the ads, or a few of the ads? Thank You in Advance for a Timely Response, judg69
Try using an Adblocker with Safari. I did that and it removed all the ads.

Reactions: mougino and kenls

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Tapatalk is now working for me with no issues. Yesterday early evening I couldn't use PM's for one thing.

I quite like the web version. I'm not sure about on a laptop/PC, but on my Galaxy Tab when I reply to a post on the web version it now puts it inline "live" without the whole page bringing up that "Thank you for posting" message and then reloading the thread.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Best things about this upgrade:

1) Much faster load times
2) Dark mode
3) That up arrow that appears to the right when you're scrolling that allows you to jump back to the top of the page
4) Collapsed threads so you don't have to scroll through the entirety of the original post when somebody decides to re-quote it in a reply!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Tapatalk is now working for me with no issues. Yesterday early evening I couldn't use PM's for one thing.
I get a lot of corrupted/shredded images on Tapatalk. This seems to be new with the website version. Do other Tapatalk users see it too? e.g.

Also a lot of threads have my bookmarks all wrong: last read post set back incorrectly to months ago.

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I get a lot of corrupted/shredded images on Tapatalk. This seems to be new with the website version. Do other Tapatalk users see it too? e.g.

Also a lot of threads have my bookmarks all wrong: last read post set back incorrectly to months ago.
Nope, everything seems ok on mine.

Maybe try clearing the app's cache and force stopping it?

I haven't gone too deep into the rest of it like you've mentioned with last read posts.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like the updated forum. Everything looks cleaner and formatting is neat on desktop Chrome. Images are scaled accordingly, in the previous version of forum all images were "in your face", they were BIG. Now I am glad to browse the forum on desktop again.

Edit:
The right hand side of the forum doesn't bother me at all. I have an adblocker server on the network which takes care of nuking ads.

61 - 80 of 178 Posts