WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
OK, I like it now I'm getting used to it.
I never used the Mobile version on the old skin but this works much better, no need to switch to Desktop.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Search engines are your friend in this regard. (really) For ex, seach something like "how to install ad blocker in Firefox" and you will find links to pages that will tell you how to do it.

I'm tech literate but use this technique now and then and it works just fine. ;)

Yes, you did overlook it. ;) It's on the FAQ page.

Here's what it says:

View attachment 15325879
im tech support and i do the google thing all the time! haha 😂 most ppl can do it, theyre just lazy and want someone to do it for them even if it takes a couple days before their job is processed for something they couldve done in 5min 🙄

do you have a link to that faq page? i looked thru the faq here, did a general search, went to the "new" section and the general forum lists but nothing. since theyre such big fans of holding on to ancient threads, youd think theyd have one as a sticky here, at least for a little while.

as far as i can see theres still nothing that denotes threads youve posted in 🤨

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
im tech support and i do the google thing all the time! haha 😂 most ppl can do it, theyre just lazy and want someone to do it for them even if it takes a couple days before their job is processed for something they couldve done in 5min 🙄

do you have a link to that faq page? i looked thru the faq here, did a general search, went to the "new" section and the general forum lists but nothing. since theyre such big fans of holding on to ancient threads, youd think theyd have one as a sticky here, at least for a little while.

This might help a little showing which threads you've posted in.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts

Also, the FAQ is in the three vertical dots menu.

Or here: FAQ

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
im not fan of the fixed banner at the top of the page while on pc. on a desktop of 20 windows open, mostly white, a black bar with watchuseek in orange kind of stands out as "hey boss! this is not work related!" haha😅 at least before i could scroll down a bit and it would look like any forum. what? i could be doing research... for a work related issue... :sneaky:

·
Registered
7,000 Posts

Another way you can see threads you've posted in, outside of the main forum view, is to click on your avatar, click on Following, then click on Participated Discussions.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
This might help a little showing which threads you've posted in.

close! i had the watch option turned off but im not seeing the eye symbol on any posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Another way you can see threads you've posted in, outside of the main forum view, is to click on your avatar, click on Following, then click on Participated Discussions.
i found that one but im hoping to not have to have 2 forums lists to look thru, one posted in and one not posted in/everything so i'll be doubling or tripling up on the same thread depending on how much sleep i didnt get lol

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
close! i had the watch option turned off but im not seeing the eye symbol on any posts
I think when I first set it up yesterday it didn't immediately show the eye on threads in which I've posted in the main forum view. Today I see the eye on threads in which I've posted, but only for those posts since the new forum software has been in place.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Darn it!! An old fault has arisen again with me - I no longer get email notification of a response to my 'watched' threads getting activity. Last year, this led me to not participate in the forum for over 6 months as every time I posted, I never knew if anyone answered!

Oh well, it was nice whilst it lasted being with you guys. (Yes, it's enabled in preferences/settings to send me notification!) Hope you all have fun...

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
You both should let us know when your granddaughters are in a wet-shirt contest so we can all go enjoy it.
Shouldn't a bit of wisdom come with age? You 2 sound like a geriatric Beavis and Butthead...
Oops, sounds like you don't appreciate 'our' humour?! Oh well, can't keep everybody happy! :oops:

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Punching down isn’t funny.
That’s what the world had been trying to tell you.
Not a phrase I'm aware of. Not sure the 'world' has been trying to tell me anything. Humour varies from person to person and, probably, country to country.
No right or wrong in it. Just different perceptions on what's amusing/humorous/funny.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Lol, no one can stop you from enjoying crass, basic humor. Perhaps just keep it to yourself or take it elsewhere? I'm sure there is a "dirty old man" forum around here somewhere...

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Lol, no one can stop you from enjoying crass, basic humor. Perhaps just keep it to yourself or take it elsewhere? I'm sure there is a "dirty old man" forum around here somewhere...
Who decides it's crass, basic humour? You an authority on what constitutes humour? It appears you are the only individual taking offence, maybe you should be a little more tolerant of peoples differences.

Reactions: StephenWatch

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Who decides it's crass, basic humour? You an authority on what constitutes humour? It appears you are the only individual taking offence, maybe you should be a little more tolerant of peoples differences.
Honestly buddy, I would bow out now. This is all from the 'feel my pain' generation, the 'social media' culture of 'instantaneous anger', it's all the rage ( no pun intended but a nice side effect!). Have another glance at my signature, and let the angry people blow a gasket all to themselves, it's the kindest thing to do...(y)

Reactions: HiggsBoson

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Honestly buddy, I would bow out now. This is all from the 'feel my pain' generation, the 'social media' culture of 'instantaneous anger', it's all the rage ( no pun intended but a nice side effect!). Have another glance at my signature, and let the angry people blow a gasket all to themselves, it's the kindest thing to do...(y)
All this because I mentioned a 'wet T shirt competition'. Beggars belief.

101 - 120 of 178 Posts