The Forum Rules and Guidelines are intended to help foster friendly, respectful and pleasant interaction. Therefore you are required to abide by these rules. Also, please note that individual forums may apply additional specific rules (in sticky threads). If you do not agree with any of the contents thereof, then please do not use our website, nor the forums.
1. Members must limit their registration to one account. Multiple accounts can be removed without notice.
2. Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the Moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the Moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry or foul language.
Members who have personal issues with other members and Moderators must resolve their differences outside the forum. WatchUSeek policy is not to discuss issues with other forums.
3. Private Messages (PM), along with other private correspondence, are not to be posted to the open forum without the permission of their original authors. If someone is concerned about the content of a PM that they receive, they should report it to the Moderators who will consider what action is to be taken.
4. No sales posts or "Want to Buy / Trade" posts of any kind. All such posts will be immediately deleted. There are Sales Corners at WatchUSeek for this express purpose. If you have a special offer you would like to make directly to forum members, email the Moderator(s) first to discuss it.
By describing a sales transaction as a "gift", "no fee option", or "Friends or Family" to avoid legitimate fees (i.e. Paypal), violates WUS rules and is subject to thread deletion or account suspension.
5. No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns, commercial ventures, businesses, or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by WatchUSeek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact an Administrator, Moderator at Large, or a forum Moderator.
6. Linking to live auctions is permitted for discussion purposes only. Links to incorrect, misleading or fraudulent auctions are also permitted, provided that the sole intention is to warn other members. Links posted by the seller will be treated as sales posts and immediately deleted. There is a special eBay forum to announce your eBay auctions.
7. Please limit off-topic posts, and mark them clearly as such ("OT" in the subject line, and/or the OT or coffee cup icon). Please do not initiate or participate in political or religious debates. Also, consider whether WatchUseek's Public Forum or The Café might be a more appropriate place for your post.
Speed posting with the aim of reaching 100 posts will result in access to the Sales Corner being removed and the members post count will be adjusted. Superfluous posts will be regarded as spam and deleted. What constitutes speed posting is at the discretion of the WatchUSeek Admins and Moderating team.
8. Images in posts, signatures, avatars and profiles containing firearms, knives, and weapons are not permitted, although Moderators may use their discretion in some cases. There is an exception for pictures of a documentary nature which illustrate the actual use of watches, especially if they are in keeping with the theme of the forum in which they are posted. Pictures of knives utilized as tools for a task specific to the thread may also be permitted. Staged or gratuitous pictures containing firearms, knives, and weapons are prohibited without exception. What constitutes documentary and appropriate will be up to the discretion of the moderating team.
Moreover, any picture that would not be suitable for viewing at an average workplace should not be posted here, i.e. nudity and other adult themes are unacceptable. Please generally exercise discretion when posting pictures in keeping with the kind and courteous spirit of the forum. In case of doubt, please contact the forum Moderators prior to posting in order to avoid disputes and misunderstandings. Any posting of images is subject to review, and the determination of what is acceptable is at the sole discretion of the Moderators and the management of WatchUSeek. They will take appropriate action should any picture be deemed to be offensive or aggressive, and their decisions are final.
9 . No discussions or pictures of replica watches, or links to replica watch sites unless previously approved by a Moderator or site Administrators. In general, any posts that involve the discussion, encouragement, or solicitation of any kind of illegal activities, whether watch-related or not, is strictly prohibited.
10 . Don't engage in dialogue with a troll or a spammer. Report them to the Moderators or use the "report post" button located in each post.
11. Moderators' and the Administrator's decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before you submit your post. Membership of the forum can be revoked by the forum administration without any reason being given. Moderators reserve the right to delete or edit any questionable posts at their discretion and without warning.
WatchUSeek reserves the right to remove, at any time, any or all of your mailing list privileges if WatchUSeek determines, at WatchUSeek's sole discretion, that you have violated our standards of behavior. WatchUSeek moderation is not a topic for discussion, decisions are made by those who created and run this forum, and are made in its best interest.
12. Member signatures should contain images with a combined size of no larger than 128px high and 1024px wide. Please limit any verbiage to 5 lines of text in a reasonable font size/style (as determined by the staff). Note that valedictions such as "Cheers, memberXYZ" are not included in the 5 line maximum. While animated signatures are acceptable, please take care not to annoy others with flashing banners or other images that distract from the discussion.
13. WatchUSeek's policy regarding links, URLs, or site/entity naming inside posts, signatures, profiles, homepage hyperlinks, usernames, and avatars:
a. links to or naming of personal non-commercial websites/pages/content are permitted. Moderators reserve the right to delete any questionable naming or links
b. links to or naming of commercial ventures/websites/pages/content are prohibited unless you are a Sponsor
c. advertising banners and avatars whether or not linked to a commercial venture, page or website are prohibited unless you are a Sponsor
d. links or references to competitive watch forum sites are not allowed in signatures, profiles, homepage hyperlinks, and avatars under any circumstances
e. links or references to competitive watch forum sites may be used in posts from time to time only if they contain information pertinent to the topic under discussion. This usage will be solely at the Moderators' discretion
f. reciprocal links are permitted only upon request and with the approval of a site's ownership
g. posts, signatures, profiles, homepage hyperlinks, usernames, and avatars should not contain religious texts, political statements, sexist remarks or any other offensive text or image. Final arbiter of such signatures or avatars is the site Administrators
h. No "wanted to buy", wanted to trade, for-sale verbiage or links are allowed in signature links, we have a WTB, WTT, and a Sales Corner for that purpose.
14. Members are free to leave, but not free to change the history of a discussion. Members wishing to leave WatchUSeek can do so by contacting the Admin at any time. Their account will then be set to "inactive" and their posts will remain.
15. WatchUSeek encourages and welcomes the introduction of new watch related ventures! However, out of respect for our valued site Sponsors, we request that you first contact the site Administrator prior to posting any new or potential business launches.
16. Valuations. WatchUSeek does not offer valuations, nor do we recommend trying to have your watch valued online. Assessing the value of a watch is dependent on many factors, most of which require qualified persons having access to the watch directly. While members may provide their opinions as to the value of a watch, these are purely their opinions and do not represent WUS. If you need an value for insurance purposes, contact a qualified watchmaker who is certified for this activity (this varies from country to country), an auction house or a reputable watch dealer. The Complete Price Guide to Watches by Tom Engle, Richard E. Gilbert and Cooksey Shugart, published by Tinderbox Press of Mt Pleasant, SC, USA (commonly known as "Shugart") is a recognized starting point for watch valuations, but this does not represent a recommendation to use that book as anything but a starting point in determining your watch's value. As WatchUSeek is not in the business of watch valuation, we will not recommend anyone, but members may address individual requests with their own recommendations.
Please note that with regard to content posted on any of the forums, WatchUSeek merely acts as a conduit, providing you access to the forums. Most of the forums are actively moderated, but messages are not screened before they are posted. Therefore, if you believe that content posted on any of the forums infringes any of your rights, please use the "report post" button (triangle with ! in the center) located in each post or send a message to the Moderator in charge, with detailed information about the alleged infringement. We will then look into your request as soon as possible. In the unlikely event of a dispute between you and WatchUSeek, we prefer an amicable settlement. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute and we expect the same from you. In any event, Canadian law exclusively applies and the Canadian court would have exclusive jurisdiction.
Lastly, WatchUSeek is owned, and operated by VerticalScope Inc, not the forum participants, nor the Moderators. The volunteer Moderators are here to administer forum policy, and to provide help, within reason.
Violation of these rules may result in disciplinary measures, which may ultimately include being banned from WatchUSeek.
We wish you a pleasant stay and look forward to your contributions!
The WatchUSeek Team