WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Well, what do you expect from Fossil, overall finish not so good, below par i might say. Movement mostly chinese, nothing wrong with chinese movement. The problem was the quality of the movement Fossil using was the standard ones.
Movement is actually excellent and the movement is Japanese and not Chinese and yes it does make a HUGE difference. Chinese is junk and Japanese is very good and up there with the low-end Citizen model watches. Japanese movement is comparable to the the average grade of Swiss movement. That said the top-end Swiss movement will beat Fossil. Fossils are far better than most think.

· Registered
2 Posts
I never said they were top of the line and nor did I say they were right on par with top of the line Swiss movement as not all Swiss movement is top of the line. As with any maker there are different grades of quality and I was putting it with average grade Swiss movement. I also was correct in stating that they use Japanese Quartz movement and btw so does Citizen brand watches as most if not all of the Eco-Drive watches use Japanese Quartz movement. However, as for the Citizen Signature series well that's a different story. Citizen is known for its good accuracy and uses Japanese movement and Fossil also uses Japanese movement so which is better? Probably the Citizen but I have no real reference to go on. How much better?, probably not much. Heck they could actually be sporting the same quality movement as for example I worked in a factory where I was making alcohol we had two brands of vodka that was being produced off the same line and one was generic called "Papa Vodka" and the other was "Smirnoff Vodka" do you know which was better? Well actually they are both the same and the only different was the label, bottle, and price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.