WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I originally paid £104 for my inverse display M5610 back in July. Hoewever, I couldn't get over the illegibility of the screen and sold it on to a friend for £70.

IMG_20150714_111121.jpg

Then, this morning I was browsing in a second hand electronics store and found the other version (perhaps older) for just £25. It is in mint condition, even the strap. I don't think the chap had any idea about Casios because he was also selling an older, non radio and non solar Casio for £35 - probably what it is worth new. This is a huge bargain for me as I was considering buying a new M5610, I missed its features, and this one just needs a little cleaning of dust from the screen.

IMG_0460.JPG

I'm so happy to have this watch again as I like it and will use the time to correct my Raymond Weil Maestro which runs about half a minute slow a week.

IMG_0222.JPG

·
Registered
166 Posts
Glitch on my app on the fon but i see gwm5610bb on this thread's preview..

but when i click it only shows this broken piece. But any way It's like released mid 2015.. Its not that old..

Is this the watch?

hawlrite!

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's a 3159 - is that good? Will read your thread.
I can say its good if the negative display now is better than the one you sold before..but that dial is very nice. Very minimalist, it was inspired from the DW5600BB which is a black out piece but not solar though but the digits are very legible even if its a negative display.

hawlrite!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's my first picture, the inverse display I originally bought.

Not sure what's wrong with the pics - don't work on my android, either, but fine on my Chromebook. Will try and correct.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh i see. So you answered my query by the way.. Hahaha.. That sucks from its predecessor eh? I was hoping casio made it better now because of the feedbacks from users.. Well, i just hope i can see that steal priced one sooner.. Cant take it off my mind what model is it..haha

hawlrite!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's my first picture, the inverse display I originally bought.

Not sure what's wrong with the pics - don't work on my android, either, but fine on my Chromebook. Will try and correct.
Maybe your pictures are such a big file and my android couldnt process it.. Lol..
Screen capture it and post it here if its not much to ask..thanks!

hawlrite!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Now i see the watch.. Its been worn though but still in good condition the way i see it.. You could have migrated that positive display in that blackout case and band bezel..hehe

hawlrite!

·
Registered
166 Posts
It has been in production for quite some time now, and i believe it is still in production.but your blackout one is sure a recent design/ colorway wise for a gwm.. But functionwise, it keeps up with you so its still an good cAtch..ü

hawlrite!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, exact same functions - I really missed the auto el and wish that my Raymond Weil had that but perhaps that's asking too much for an automatic.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Is the 3159 I got today for £25 a fairly recent model?
If you look on the back of the case you should find a serial number that will tell you exactly when the GW-M5610 you bought at the second hand store was made. That is a good price for sure but I'm not sure it's actually in mint condition, looks like there is some damage to the bezel around the CK in the word SHOCK and also around the word PROTECTION.

Nice score!

Reactions: Dreamnine
1 - 20 of 26 Posts