WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I'm usually hanging out at the G-Shock forum but found a watch in my sock drawer that I bought back in 1988. Can anyone identify this watch? Does it have any value? Where can I get it serviced? What is the correct strap?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's a soviet era Vostok, a commander's watch. The value depends on the inscription under the 6, which I can't make out because of the glare. What does it say there?

·
Registered
435 Posts
That means it was made "By the order of the ministry of defense". In other words, it was made for military use, as opposed to civilian use. That makes it especially valuable. If it is in excellent condition, it could fetch $50 to $100.

But, that is a superbly made watch, with a lot of history behind it, and it looks terrific. It may need some minor maintenance if it has been sitting idle for all these years, but if it runs well, I would keep it and treasure it.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,440 Posts
Hello - I'm usually hanging out at the G-Shock forum but found a watch in my sock drawer that I bought back in 1988. Can anyone identify this watch? Does it have any value? Where can I get it serviced? What is the correct strap?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Brad
You organize your sock drawer by year? :-S Bizarre! :-D

That's a great Zakaz MO Komandirskie :-! Value? Incidental. Just wear it!

This watch is probably a a good choice for a G-Shock wearer. And never mind the correct strap; just get something tough and washable :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts