WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Over the past year, I've had FOUR Suunto Light Green Cores.

- Two for broken bottom right button
- One for faulty screen
- One for water leakage
- One for dead battery within two months but battery was just replaced.

I treat my watch with care, and my previous Casio Pro-Trek lasted me years and years.

Anyway, now I'm on my fourth brand new unit,I am becoming VERY dissatisfied. Hence, I've learnt to stop wearing my Core as my everyday watch. (I used to wear it everyday including in the showers...). I haven't really done any extreme sports or abuse the unit, in fact 99% of the times I'm in my office.

I think I'll seek a Gshock to use as my everyday watch.

Anyone experienced the same?

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Its a Core problem not a Suunto problem. Is your current Core a 2009 build date? If it goes down again ask for a model exchange and trade out of the Core line.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree completely, the core have some issues but all others are rock solid. My Advizor is over 8 years old and I beat the crap out of it mtn climbing, biking, etc.
Never given me any issues at all.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Same thing I have been saying for a year now.

I cant believe Mystro pointed it out first! LOL

Its a Core thing... not a Suunto thing. If this one messes up, you ought to ask Suunto to see about crediting you toward another model. It may work.

Maybe a nice XLander... or an Observer... or a Vector... Or an X6... or a T6... or a....

well, you get the point.

Then again, I wear G Shocks as much as I wear my Suuntos... Cant every beat a G Shock for toughness! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm giving them one final chance at my fourth unit.. they claimed that they've made improvements in 2009 so let's hope it won't break on me again.

Also I'm now searching for a cheapish daily wear gshock and going to stop wearing my Core 24/7.

I suspect that me wearing it 24/7 even in the shower has something to do with the failed buttons... but then again my Pro-Trek never complained. (Lost my Pro-trek in the end due to a broken pin)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I can understand your frustration. I had the same experience with my Core...it was suffering from battery draining. I send it back and Suunto returned a brand new watch within a week. It had a 911xxx serial and the new software. Now it works and it seems that problems are gone..right now its my favored 24/7 watch. Wait and see what they will send back...maybe you start lovin' it again...because the Core itself is great and looks far better than all the other mainstream digital watches. But beauty lies in the eye of the beholder..doesn't it??

cheers mate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I can understand your frustration. I had the same experience with my Core...it was suffering from battery draining. I send it back and Suunto returned a brand new watch within a week. It had a 911xxx serial and the new software. Now it works and it seems that problems are gone..right now its my favored 24/7 watch. Wait and see what they will send back...maybe you start lovin' it again...because the Core itself is great and looks far better than all the other mainstream digital watches. But beauty lies in the eye of the beholder..doesn't it??

cheers mate
Mt latest unit has the serial 8386XXXX C Anyone know what the "C" means and if this is now a refurbished unit? The unit looks and smells brand new, although the bevel isn't as stiff as my other three new Cores

My software version is 1.1.0 and it has HW3A

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Or as we have said about 50 Billion times on this forum. Stick with one of the more proven models in the Suunto lineup.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, almost evry guy i know who owns a core has issues...my friend bought the yellow black core...no storm alarm sound, water issues too..i agree...either x-lander, vector or the x10....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts