WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I recently acquired this watch from an old family member and was wondering if anybody had more info about it?
(I put it on a nato just to see how it looked on the wrist)

From what I have found on the web it appears to have a Venus 232 movement but that's about all I could find. I also couldn't find much info on the Framont brand in general. The alarm on the watch still winds/works but the watch won't wind the mainspring to keep time(it seems like there is something missing behind the 2 o'clock pusher).
Here is a video I found that shows the functions:
Armbandwecker Framont Parking Venus 232 Datum Wristalarm - YouTube

If anybody knows more about it like the age, rarity, value, etc it would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to get it running so I can start wearing it.

I also acquired this dress watch (another Framont) if anyone happens to know more about it. I wound it up and it's been keeping great time for the past few days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't have any info for you but that alarm watch is very beautiful. :p Something about the lines and case just does it for me.:-!

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi, it is a nice piece, I like alarm watches.
Framont Sarl, Renan
Other brand names FRAMAR, PRINCIPE
Company was listed in Saingnelegier in 1966. It was listed for lever watches in Renan in 1973

Hope that helps a little

Acknowledgements: Kathleen Pritchard - Swiss Time Keepers
a

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I brought the watch to a local antique shop that has a watchmaker. He was able to get the watch working and said it only needed a cleaning. Best part is he only charged me $40 and said that if I ever have an issue he'd be happy to take a look at it. I was expecting at least $100 to get it working. I'm looking forward to wearing it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts